As a MariaDB Technical Support Engineer, you directly interface with our customers each and every day. You directly help their business, users and customers to succeed and grow.
Our customers use MariaDB Server; MaxScale; Column Store; Galera Cluster; ClustrixDB; client connectors for C, Java, ODBC, and other programming languages and environments; and new and emerging technologies made available through MariaDB Server. They use other open source technologies, Linux, Windows and other operating systems. Their servers are deployed on premise, in the cloud, in virtual servers and containers and on physical servers.
We believe Technical Support is not just a job, but a calling. Our model is unconventional: we do not view Support as merely a “cost center”, the unfortunate byproduct of creating products. We do not frustrate our customers or our engineers with scripts that must be parroted and “tiers” that must be escalated through to find someone who can solve an issue. We spend most of our time solving issues that go far beyond simple “break/fix” support or documentation lookup. Our goal is to provide the very best support experience across any industry, and we achieve that by hiring and empowering the very best in the world.
As a MariaDB Technical Support Engineer you are vital to a customers’ success in this challenging, complex, and ever changing technology landscape. You’re expected to deliver expert-level technical support services to worldwide customers, across our entire portfolio of supported products. Support services range from software usage and best practices, to service restoration and performing tuning. You will utilize advanced troubleshooting skills and creative problem solving capabilities and you must be self-motivated and capable of working autonomously.
Because we must provide coverage to our customers 24x7x365, this position does occasionally involve work on nights, weekends, and holidays, however we leverage our global team to minimize this impact as much as possible.
Work location is very flexible. MariaDB does not sponsor relocation or work visas.
If you have a true passion for helping customers succeed and feel rewarded by solving complex problems, if you enjoy challenges, then join the MariaDB Technical Support team today.
- Passion for serving customers and solving technical problems
- Expert knowledge of MariaDB/MySQL and related tools
- Experience in a 24×7 support environment
- Strong knowledge of SQL query writing and optimization
- Strong knowledge of database design, administration, and architecture
- In-depth knowledge of various high availability environments and technologies
- Proficient with multiple backup utilities (mydumper, MariaDB Backup, Xtrabackup, mysqldump, etc.)
- Very strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Comfortable working remotely
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- Prior MariaDB, Percona, or MySQL Support Engineer experience
- Previous experience working remotely
- Proficient in one or more scripting language (bash, python, Go, etc.)
- Sysadmin experience (Linux, Windows, etc.)
- Working knowledge of other database systems (Oracle, MS SQL Server, Postgres, RDS/Aurora, MongoDB, etc.)
- Contributions to open source software in the MariaDB/MySQL ecosystem
- Experience with other MariaDB products such as MaxScale, ColumnStore, Cluster/Galera, ClustrixDB, etc.
- Proficient with virtualization software (Xen, Virtualbox, Vmware, etc.)
- Experience with cloud offerings and environments
- Experience with automation tool sets
- Experience with containers
- MariaDB/MySQL monitoring software experience
- MariaDB and/or MySQL certifications
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application along with resume/CV to email@example.com. MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.
MariaDB is an equal opportunity employer.