MariaDB is making a big impact on the world. Whether you’re checking your bank account, buying a coffee, shopping online, making a phone call, listening to music, taking out a loan or ordering takeout – MariaDB is the backbone of applications used everyday. Companies small and large, including 75% of the Fortune 500, run MariaDB, touching the lives of billions of people. With massive reach through Linux distributions, enterprise deployments and public clouds, MariaDB is uniquely positioned as the leading database for modern application development.
This is an opportunity for contract work with MariaDB’s Documentation team.
Produces and maintains enterprise-grade technical documentation, bridging the user from marketed product information to engineered product experiences.
- Database – Minimum 1-year SQL database experience, preferably as a DBA, operator, or developer, and preferably in the cloud
- Writing – Minimum 1-year writing experience (internal or external), preferably customer-facing technical writing
- Language – English proficient or native speaker, preferably with plain language writing experience
- Command-line – Comfortable working from the command line, preferably with Git or Docs-as-Code experience
Bonus Experience and Skills
Our most successful candidates:
- Form their own views, asking questions to overcome knowledge barriers
- Accept peer feedback and generate meaningful peer feedback
- Work within established styles, minimizing variations
- Manage their work products to completion, including testing all examples
- Enjoy working collaboratively with subject matter experts and peers
Our team is fully remote. Candidates must be located in North America or Europe.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please apply here.
MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.
MariaDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MariaDB is an equal opportunity employer.