The MariaDB Documentation Team produces and maintains documentation that is focused on the enterprise customers of MariaDB Corporation. This documentation enables the successful deployment and use of MariaDB products, and bridges the user from marketed product information to engineered product experiences.
MariaDB Corporation operates with a globally-distributed online culture focused on excellence of customer experience. Our team members are expected to work both independently and collaboratively. A successful candidate will be capable of working with a remote team, and have self-discipline, excellent time-management, and strong communication skills.
Technical Writer tasks include the use of standardized tools and practices in:
- Self-development of knowledge and expertise covering MariaDB Corporation products, and understanding of the needs of our audience.
- Research of facts supporting accuracy of technical content, including staff interviews.
- Preparation of content plans to design a narrative targeting the needs of the customer.
- Writing of technical content integrating facts to content plans in language that informs, enables, or supports the tasks of the customer.
- Support of ongoing User Research (UR) and User Testing (UT) activities, and operational tasks.
- One year Linux or one year SQL databases experience
- Three years writing
- Candidate must be a Native English speaker
- Familiarity with MariaDB Platform technologies a plus.
North America or Europe. Position works from home. Occasional travel is required in support of ongoing Documentation Team work, namely attendance of the annual company meeting, and user conferences.
What’s in it for you?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking and empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities.
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application along with resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation. MariaDB is an equal opportunity employer.