MariaDB is making a big impact on the world. Whether you’re checking your bank account, buying a coffee, shopping online, making a phone call, listening to music, taking out a loan or ordering takeout – MariaDB is the backbone of applications used every day. Companies small and large, including 75% of the Fortune 500 run MariaDB, touching the lives of billions of people. With massive reach through Linux distributions, enterprise deployments and public clouds, MariaDB is uniquely positioned as the leading database for modern application development.
MariaDB Xpand is a distributed database helping to scale transactional workloads around the world. The Xpand team is looking for a skilled Python developer to participate in the development of continuous integration (CI) tools – automated testing framework, installation and health monitoring, alerting, utilities to load data efficiently, etc.
Here are some things that make Xpand a great product to work with:
- Our team is small, so you will own significant projects and contribute in a big way to
- We have a lot of interesting problems to work on, in a variety of areas
- Our customers love us; we help them do things they could never do with their legacy
- We are passionate about making our software better and faster
- Update, leverage and extend both new and existing test frameworks to provide a robust and flexible means for running testing automation
- Create complex and powerful tools, predominantly in Python
- Develop and maintain client-facing Python tools
- 3+ years of software engineering experience, preferably with enterprise software products and/or appliances
- Hands-on experience with relational databases and/or distributed computing systems
- Excellent programming and scripting skills in at least one language, preferably Python
- Highly proficient in a Linux or Unix environment, especially as a Linux system administrator
Bonus Experience and Skills
- Experience with deploying and testing products in clouds like AWS and GCP
- Experience with virtualization technologies like Docker and container orchestration system like Kubernetes
Remote in the United States
What’s in It for You?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking, values empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave (plus holidays), stock options, a massive degree of flexibility and freedom, and more.
How to Apply
Submit your application here.
MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.
MariaDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MariaDB is an equal opportunity employer.