First 10 to register this week will benefit from a 40% discount
The Percona Live MySQL Conference: London 2012 is just around the corner and we’ll be present both with talks as well as in the exhibition hall alongside other sponsors of the conference.
Talks & Hot Topics
Our very own Ivan Zoratti has the following two talks on Tuesday December 4th:
SkySQL Data Suite - a new open source approach to MySQL distributed systems
10:30 - 11:20 @ Kensington Suite - in this talk, Ivan will cover the following topics:
- The architecture of the SkySQL Data Suite
- The implementation of the SkySQL Cloud Data Suite in Amazon EC2
- Components for automated provisioning in EC2
- Components for High Availability in EC2 and on premises with manual or automatic failover
- The new Administration Console Back/end and Front/end
- Automated Backup and Restore procedures
The Sky's the limit: hints and best practices to integrate and run MySQL on standard servers and in the cloud
16:20 - 17:10 @ Sentosa 5-8 - in this talk, Ivan will cover the following topics:
- The various aspects to consider when MySQL is deployed in private and public clouds
- The advantages and disadvantages of a deployment of MySQL in the cloud, in order to understand when it is a good fit
- How to integrate cloud and non-cloud deployments, specifically from a DBA perspective
Other great talks & tutorials will be presented by our colleagues from MariaDB (Monty is a keynote speaker), Codership/Galera will be there, our hosts from Percona of course and many others.
Link to the full program: http://www.percona.com/live/london-2012/program/schedule/sessions
The code to apply is : SkySQL
Again, this discount code works for the first 10 people who register for the conference using this code. Thanks to Percona for providing us with this code!
See you at the SkySQL booth
We look forward to a good conference and to seeing you there! Make sure to swing by our booth (look for the smiling seals) for discussions on topics around MySQL, MariaDB, the cloud, high availability solutions, NoSQL etc.
See you in London!
Jean-Jérôme Schmidt is a citizen of this world with a penchant for open source marketing. In other words, he likes to communicate … openly. At SkySQL he looks after all aspects of communications and is in fact responsible for marketing. He was in similar roles previously at Pentaho, a leading open source analytics company, and at MySQL Ab / Sun Microsystems prior to that, where he mostly communicated internally. This is his SkySQL blog.
Join the conversation