I've had my own set of autotool macros for building against different MySQL client and server APIs for quite a while. Originally created as part of my code generator projects (CodeGen_MySQL_UDF and CodeGen_MySQL_Plugin) I ended up having diverging copies in a few other projects, too (my and my autotools branch of ).
So I've finally taken the time to merge the differnet copies into a single standalone project on GitHUB.
The set of autoconf macros supports in this project supports:
- building against the various MySQL APIs:
- regular client library API
- embedded server library API
- User Defined Function (UDF) API
- Plugin API
- check for minimum required version
- check for a specifc fork (MySQL, MariaDB, ...)
- building against files from a server source dir
E.g. an autotools project building against the embedded
server library and requiring a certain minimal version of
MariaDB could use the following configure.ac snippet to
For more detailed information check the README on GitHUB