MariaDB is making a big impact on the world. Whether you’re checking your bank account, buying a coffee, shopping online, making a phone call, listening to music, taking out a loan or ordering takeout – MariaDB is the backbone of applications used everyday. Companies small and large, including 75% of the Fortune 500 run MariaDB, touching the lives of billions of people. With massive reach through Linux distributions, enterprise deployments and public clouds, MariaDB is uniquely positioned as the leading database for modern application development.
MariaDB is building out a web-based management tool to help our customers more easily configure and manage enterprise MariaDB configurations. Successful candidates will join an existing team and help to build out and accelerate the delivery of this product.
- Design, develop, and test major features of our monitoring infrastructure
- Interact with other product development groups to build new features and bring out business value for our customers
- Work as part of a broader team to ensure the right and best product gets built
- Support other divisions of MariaDB with technical skill and experience
- Be part of the team
- Minimum 5 years expеrience as DevOps engineer
- Minimum 7 years total experience in software development industry
- Expеrience running Kubernetes clusters on production
- Experience supporting a PaaS, IaaS, DBaaS, etc.
- Experience with AWS, GCP, and/or Azure
- Hands-on experience with technologies like Terraform and Helm
- Excellent knowledge on Linux/Unix
- Expеrience with Cloud Networking
- Experience coding in one or more of the following languages: Go, Python, Bash
- Excellent technical communication skills, the ability to elaborate complex technical concepts and collaborate effectively with fellow engineers
- Language requirement: English, our corporate language
- Problem-solving mindset
- A passion for high-quality software and ability to work with a small team in a distributed company
Bonus Experience and Skills
- Experience working with Kubernetes in production multi-cloud environments
- Experience building complex CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins
- Advanced experience with Google Cloud and AWS
- Familiarity with the CNCF stack
- Kubernetes certification
- Docker certification
- Google Cloud, AWS, and/or Azure certification
- Experience with ServiceNow Platform
- Networking knowledge/certification(s)
- Previous leadership experience
Sofia, Bulgaria or remote in Bulgaria
What’s in it for You?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking, empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave (plus holidays), stock options, a massive degree of flexibility and freedom, and more.
How to Apply
MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.
MariaDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MariaDB is an equal opportunities employer.