MariaDB is making a big impact on the world. Whether you’re checking your bank account, buying a coffee, shopping online, making a phone call, listening to music, taking out a loan or ordering takeout – MariaDB is the backbone of applications used everyday. Companies small and large, including 75% of the Fortune 500, run MariaDB, touching the lives of billions of people. With massive reach through Linux distributions, enterprise deployments and public clouds, MariaDB is uniquely positioned as the leading database for modern application development.
Xpand is the distributed SQL offering of MariaDB and is solving one of the most difficult open problems in the software database industry today: scaling transactional workloads. We’ve built our own distributed relational database from the ground up and integrated with MariaDB. Now we’re looking for smart and motivated folks to join our small team of developers and take this technology to the next level. We work on:
- C codebase with a custom standard library
- Database fundamentals: B-trees, logging, and recovery, MVCC
- A rule-based, cost-based query planner with top-down optimization similar to Cascades Framework
- An MPP, distributed database with unique query planning challenges that are more complicated (and more interesting) than a single node database
You should be someone with 3+ years of experience with query planner development and:
- An understanding of table statistics and cardinality estimation
- Familiarity with the top-down query optimization framework
- Experience with cost modeling
- Experience with development of analytics features for SQL
What’s in It for You?
Four things that make the Xpand team a great place to work:
- Our team is small, so you get to own significant projects and contribute in a big way to the product.
- We have a lot of interesting problems to work on, in a variety of areas.
- Our customers love us. We help them do things they could never do with their legacy SQL databases.
- We are passionate about making our software work better and faster.
Our customer base is growing, both in number and in size of deployment. Their clusters keep getting bigger and their workloads more varied, so you will see interesting challenges and solutions in solving those.
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking, values empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave (plus holidays), stock options, a massive degree of flexibility and freedom, and more.
How To Apply
MariaDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MariaDB is an equal opportunity employer.