Senior Software Engineer
Location: Based in Europe
Are you interested in working in a dynamic and growing international company with a strong Open Source culture and whose products are used by big Internet and other companies all over the world?
MariaDB is looking for an experienced C/C++ developer to join the MaxScale team as a Senior Software Engineer. The MaxScale team develops the MariaDB MaxScale database proxy that extends the high availability, scalability, and security of the MariaDB Server while at the same time simplifying application development by decoupling it from the underlying database infrastructure.
- Develop (and test) new functionality using C++.
- Debug and fix bugs.
- Collaborate with the support organization to solve customer issues.
- A passion for programming and for creating well-designed and maintainable code.
- Several years of experience writing C and C++.
- Experience in developing and debugging distributed and multithreaded applications.
- Experience in TCP/IP programming.
- Experience in developing on Linux.
- Experience in using MariaDB and/or MySQL.
- Capable of planning your own work and to deliver results on time.
In addition, experience of the following is considered an advantage:
- Developing performance-critical products.
- Working on different layers in the software stack.
- Cloud environments (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud).
- Virtualization/abstraction tools (e.g. qemu, KVM, LXC, Docker, VirtualBox, VMware).
- Software repositories and packaging (e.g. yum, apt, dpkg and rpm).
- System administration tasks on Linux.
- Database administration.
- Open Source development.
MariaDB is a distributed company where employees work all over the world. A capability for cooperating and communicating using tools such as Slack is essential.
MaxScale development primarily takes place in Finland, so to keep collaboration easy we prefer that you are located in Europe. MariaDB dos not sponsor relocation or work visas.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application along with resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org