Principal Remote DBA
Do you love the challenge of new and interesting problems? Do you have a knack for automating anything you have to do more than once? If you answered yes, then you’ll love working as part of the Remote DBA team at MariaDB.
The Remote DBA team works with customers around the world. Each customer’s deployments and challenges are unique, offering something new day after day. You will help our customers succeed by delivering expert-level Remote DBA services including monitoring their databases, making recommendations to improve performance and durability, fix things when they break, help design new architectures and implement best practices, perform upgrades, configure and monitor backups, assist with recoveries, and other related DBA-level tasks as needed. You will utilize advanced troubleshooting skills and creative problem solving capabilities. You must be self-motivated and capable of working autonomously.
We are a “virtual” team, distributed globally, telecommuting via the Internet. We make heavy use of email, Slack, the web, ssh, and similar “remote” technologies. Prior experience in this form of working environment is ideal.
Because we must provide coverage to our customers 24x7x365, this position does occasionally involve work on nights, weekends, and holidays, however we leverage our global team to minimize the impact as much as possible.
Work location is highly flexible, however a European location is the most natural fit for these working hours. MariaDB does not sponsor relocation or work visas.
- Perform DBA activities remotely with customers around the world
- Automate various DBA tasks
- Set up monitoring and other activities on customer servers
- Perform periodic health checks and reports on customer systems
- Participate in the community by blogging and other social media
- Ability to travel internationally for company-related meetings
- Help the MariaDB team build tools and enhancements around MariaDB
- Help improve practices and common methodologies for Remote DBA team
- Ability to be on-call as needed to guarantee customer SLAs
- Expert knowledge of MariaDB/MySQL and surrounding tools
- Experience in a 24x7 support environment
- Experience with MariaDB Cluster/Galera Cluster
- Strong knowledge of SQL query writing and optimization
- In-depth knowledge of varying replication schemes (master-slave, master-multiple-slave, master-master, multi-master, etc.)
- Proficient with Percona Toolkit
- Proficient with different backup tools (mydumper, MariaDB Backup, Xtrabackup, mysqldump, etc.)
- Very strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Comfortable working remotely (MariaDB employees are home based)
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- Proficient in one or more scripting language (bash, python, Go, etc)
- Sysadmin experience (Linux, Windows, etc)
- Working knowledge of other database systems (Oracle, MS SQL Server, Postgres, RDS/Aurora, MongoDB, etc)
- Contributions to open source software in the MariaDB/MySQL ecosystem
- Experience with other MariaDB products (MaxScale, ColumnStore, etc)
- Proficient with virtualization software (Xen, Virtualbox, Vmware, etc.)
- Experience with cloud offerings: AWS, Azure, OpenStack etc
- Experience with Ansible, Chef, Puppet or other automation toolsets
- Monyog MariaDB/MySQL monitoring software experience
- MariaDB and/or MySQL certifications
Anywhere, serving customers during European business hours
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application along with resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org