Comments - 64bit compile of MariaDB 10.0.21 for Solaris 10 (sparc)
Content reproduced on this site is the property of its respective owners, and this content is not reviewed in advance by MariaDB. The views, information and opinions expressed by this content do not necessarily represent those of MariaDB or any other party.
This gcc must just be too old (version 3.3 possibly?). There was gcc 4 on Solaris 10, too, possibly as optional component, and this is what you should be using instead.
"this gcc" is /usr/sfw/bin/gcc , which you are using for compilation. To switch compiler, you can either set CC and CXX env.variable before running cmake, or pass CMAKE_C_COMPILER and CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER parameters to cmake
Little change with GCC 4, I'm afraid. This is where it still breaks.
Just out of curiosity I changed the line in question to always return 1. A little later in compilation, I got countless errors regarding intptr losing precision. Changing the code to use intptr_t gets rid of the error, but I'm afraid the ramifications of doing that all over the place are way above my understanding. This is one of the lines that threw this error. It comes from storage/perfschema/pfs_global.h
Re: 64bit compile of MariaDB 10.0.21 for Solaris 10 (sparc) I guess you had configured the build for 32 bits, but somehow got your settings changed to 64 bit builds, with some manual work I guess .
please check the definition of SIZEOF_LONG , SIZEOF_VOIDP , SIZEOF_CHARP , SIZEOF_SIZE_T constants in my_config.h . They should be 8 in your case. My advice would be to dump the BUILD scripts entirely, and just do pure cmake, and a build from scratch, and do not build in the source directory. The whole procedure could look similar to the below
Thats it, this will create an optimized build, you might not really want -DBUILD_CONFIG=mysql_release
First of all, thank you so much for your help thus far. This last bit of advice got me to 87%! However, that's where the things broke again. Below is a rather lengthy snippet of make VERBOSE=1 output that fails
this looks like a bug in connect engine, though I do not really understand the error message. you can file a bug , and temporarily disable connect storage engine by doing
cmake .. -DWITH_CONNECT_STORAGE_ENGINE=0
in the build directory.