Changes and Improvements in MariaDB Connector/C 3.2
MariaDB Connector/C 3.2 is the current major development version. MariaDB Connector/C 3.1 is stable and feature-complete, so major new features to be developed are going into 3.2.
Do not use non-stable (non-GA) releases in production!
- MDEV-19237: Do not resend prepared statement metadata unnecessarily
- CONC-508: Added support for passwords > 255 characters
- LOAD DATA LOCAL is now supported in binary protocol
- Updated/extended cipher suite list for Schannel TLS module
- CONC-433: Added support for certificate revocation list in GnuTLS module
- CONC-547: Changed default character set from latin1 to utf8mb4
- CONC-533: Added support for non blocking calls using binary protocol
- CONC-509: mysql_get_client_* api functions now return Connector version
- The connection plugin "aurora" was removed
- Default character set is now utf8mb4
- Character set utf8 will be mapped to utf8mb3
- Added support for MSVC asan