Changes and Improvements in MariaDB 10.5
You are viewing an old version of this article. View the current version here.
Do not use beta releases in production!
- INSERT ... RETURNING (MDEV-10014)
- REPLACE ... RETURNING (MDEV-10014)
- Database comments in CREATE DATABASE and ALTER DATABASE statements (MDEV-307)
- The S3 storage engine allows one to archive MariaDB tables in Amazon S3, or any third-party public or private cloud that implements S3 API.
- Information Schema tables (THREADPOOL_GROUPS, THREADPOOL_QUEUES and THREADPOOL_STATS) for internals of generic threadpool (MDEV-19313).
- innodb_adaptive_hash_index now defaults to
- innodb_checksum_algorithm now defaults to
- innodb_checksums has been removed (MDEV-19534)
- innodb_log_checksums has been deprecated (MDEV-19543)
- innodb_locks_unsafe_for_binlog has been removed (MDEV-19544)
- innodb_stats_sample_pages has been removed (MDEV-19551)
- innodb_undo_logs has been deprecated (MDEV-19570)
- innodb_rollback_segments has been removed (MDEV-19570)
- Set innodb_log_files_in_group=1 by default (MDEV-20907)
- Extend SHOW STATUS LIKE 'Innodb_%' (MDEV-18582)
- Clean up INFORMATION_SCHEMA.INNODB_ tables (MDEV-19940)
- Doublewrite buffer is unnecessarily used for newly (re)initialized pages (MDEV-19738)
- Defer change buffer merge until pages are requested (MDEV-19514)
- Remove dummy tablespace for the redo log (MDEV-18115)
- Optimize access to InnoDB page header fields (MDEV-21133)
- Remove multiple InnoDB buffer pool instances (MDEV-15058)
- Deprecated and ignore innodb_log_optimize_ddl (MDEV-19747)
- Remove buf_page_t::newest_modification (MDEV-21132)
- Replace recv_sys_t::addr_hash with a std::map (MDEV-19586)
- Obsolete internal parser for FK in InnoDB (MDEV-20480)
- InnoDB thread pool for background tasks (MDEV-16264)
Galera and Replication
- slave_parallel_mode now defaults to
- Make REPLICA a synonym for SLAVE in SQL statements (MDEV-20601)
- Galera GTID support (commit)
- ANALYZE for statements is improved, now it also shows the time spent checking the WHERE clause and doing other auxiliary operations (MDEV-20854)
- Inferred IS NOT NULL predicates can be used by the range optimizer (MDEV-15777)
- The Information Schema SYSTEM_VARIABLES Table has a new column showing from which config file a variable derives its value (MDEV-12684)
- Switch Perl DBI scripts from DBD::mysql to DBD::MariaDB driver (MDEV-19755)
- The Aria max key length is now 2000 bytes, compared to 1000 bytes in MyISAM.
- Migrate to PCRE2 (MDEV-14024)
- For a list of all new variables, see System Variables Added in MariaDB 10.5 and Status Variables Added in MariaDB 10.5.
- The Information Schema SYSTEM_VARIABLES Table has a new column showing from which config file a variable derives its value (MDEV-12684).
- Port show_old_temporals from MySQL 5.6 (MDEV-19906)
List of All MariaDB 10.5 Releases
Content reproduced on this site is the property of its respective owners, and this content is not reviewed in advance by MariaDB. The views, information and opinions expressed by this content do not necessarily represent those of MariaDB or any other party.