Changes and Improvements in MariaDB 10.7
MariaDB 10.7 is the current development branch.
New Features & Improvements
- JSON_EQUALS function to check for equality between JSON objects (MDEV-23143).
- JSON_NORMALIZE function, which recursively sorts keys and removes spaces (MDEV-16375)
- New optimizer switch,
- Improve simple multibyte collation performance on the ASCII range (MDEV-26572).
- Five provider plugins (bzip2, lzma, lz4, lzo, snappy) provide compression capabilities to the server and storage engines (MDEV-12933, blog post).
- ALTER TABLE ... CONVERT PARTITION .. TO TABLE (MDEV-22166), and
- ALTER TABLE ... CONVERT TABLE ... TO PARTITION ... (MDEV-22165) as an easy way to convert tables to partitions and back in one command, instead of a sequence of CREATE/EXCHANGE/DROP
- password_reuse_check plugin is a new password validation plugin that prevents the new password from being the same as the one being used during the configurable retention period. (MDEV-9245)
- Multi-source replication supports MySQL-style CHANNEL syntax (MDEV-26307)
InnoDB Bulk Insert
- In bulk insert, pre-sort and build indexes one page at a time (MDEV-24621)
- GET DIAGNOSTICS supports a new condition property name
ERROR_INDEX. In multi-row inserts it allows to retrieve a number of a row that has caused the error (MDEV-10075)
The following deprecated variables have been removed :
List of All MariaDB 10.7 Releases
Content reproduced on this site is the property of its respective owners, and this content is not reviewed in advance by MariaDB. The views, information and opinions expressed by this content do not necessarily represent those of MariaDB or any other party.