Changes and Improvements in MariaDB 11.2
New Features & Improvements
Online Schema Change
- ALTER TABLE can now do most operations with
ALGORITHM=COPY, LOCK=NONE, that is, in most cases, unless the algorithm and lock level are explicitly specified,
ALTER TABLEwill be performed using the COPY algorithm while simultaneously allowing concurrent DML statements on the altered table.
- JSON_TABLE now allows retrieval of the key when iterating on JSON objects (MDEV-30145)
- New functions JSON_OBJECT_FILTER_KEYS, JSON_OBJECT_TO_ARRAY and JSON_ARRAY_INTERSECT to check for JSON intersection (MDEV-26182)
- All binlog* variables are now visible as system variables, specifically binlog_do_db, binlog_ignore_db, binlog_row_event_max_size (MDEV-30188)
- ALTER TABLE IMPORT enhancement (MDEV-26137)
- Temporary tables are now displayed in the Information Schema TABLES Table, SHOW TABLES and SHOW TABLE STATUS (MDEV-12459)
- Stored programs: validation of stored program statements (MDEV-5816)
- Remove the deprecated old_alter_table variable (MDEV-30905)
- Extend AES_ENCRYPT() and AES_DECRYPT() to support an initialization vector and algorithm (MDEV-9069)
- For a list of all new variables, see System Variables Added in MariaDB 11.2.
List of All MariaDB 11.2 Releases
Content reproduced on this site is the property of its respective owners, and this content is not reviewed in advance by MariaDB. The views, information and opinions expressed by this content do not necessarily represent those of MariaDB or any other party.