Incompatibilities and Feature Differences Between MariaDB 10.4 and MySQL 8.0
The following is a list of incompatibilities and feature differences between MariaDB 10.4 and MySQL 8.0.
Note that the article is incomplete.
- MyRocks, a storage engine with great compression
- Aria, MyISAM replacement with better caching.
- FederatedX (drop-in replacement for Federated)
Extensions and New Features
We've added a lot of new features to MariaDB. If a patch or feature is useful, safe, and stable — we make every effort to include it in MariaDB. The most notable features are:
When moving from MySQL 8.0 to MariaDB 10.4, please take note of the following incompatibilities:
- For a list of function differences, see Function Differences Between MariaDB 10.4 and MySQL 8.0
- For a list of system variable differences, see System Variable Differences Between MariaDB 10.4 and MySQL 8.0