Intermediate and Advanced Books
Below is a list of books on MariaDB for Intermediate and Advanced Developers and Administrators, listed in order by date of publication—the most recent first. We've provided links to Amazon.com or the publisher for convenience, but they can be found at many bookstores.
- Migrating to MariaDB by William Wood, December 2018
- Describes the process and lessons learned during a migration from a proprietary database management engine to the MariaDB open source solution.
- Query Answers with MariaDB: Volume II: Introduction to SQL Queries by Adam Aspin, Karine Aspin , October 2018
- Helps you further develop your analytical abilities as you discover how to write powerful SQL queries.
- Query Answers with MariaDB: Volume I: Introduction to SQL Queries by Adam Aspin, Karine Aspin , October 2018
- Helps you develop your analytical abilities as you discover how to write powerful SQL queries.
- MariaDB and MySQL Common Table Expressions and Window Functions Revealed by Daniel Bartholomew, November 2017
- An introduction to Common Table Expressions (CTEs) and Window Functions in MariaDB and MySQL.
- MariaDB : Administration et optimisation by Stéphane Combaudon, July 2017 (French)
- S'adresse aux développeurs et administrateurs MySQL ou MariaDB désireux de consolider leurs connaissances sur la principale variante de MySQL.
- MariaDB High Performance by Pierre Mavro, September 2014
- For system administrators/architects or DBAs with existing MariaDB knowledge who want to learn more about how to grow their current infrastructure to support larger traffic.
- Mastering MariaDB by Federico Razzoli, September 2014
- Aimed at intermediate users who want to learn how to administrate a MariaDB server or a set of servers.
- MariaDB Cookbook by Daniel Bartholomew, March 2014
- A cookbook filled with useful MariaDB recipes. Chapters cover such things as Sphinx, Connect, Cassandra, virtual and dynamic columns, TokuDB, and more.
- Building a Web Application with PHP and MariaDB: A Reference Guide by Sai Srinivas Sriparasa, June 2014
- A how-to guide for creating scalable and secure web applications with PHP and MariaDB