These build instructions should in general be platform agnostic. It is based on a post by Adam M. Dutko on maria-discuss. See the list archive.
To setup a build slave, the basic outline is:
- Install Python (2.4 or later)
- Install Twisted (twistedmatrix.com 8.0.x or later) - need Core, Mail, Web and Words (possibly Conch too)
- Install ZopeInterface (http://www.zope.org/Products/ZopeInterface)
- Install all the necessary compiler/build components.
- Install Buildbot
- Install Git and make sure you can clone from the main project
- Get a username/login and password from the buildmaster (dbart on Freenode IRC)
- Verify your buildbot can talk to the buildbot master instance and can run builds.
The following links will also help: