Release date: 7 May 2015
MariaDB 10.0 is the current stable series of MariaDB. It is an evolution of MariaDB 5.5 with several entirely new features not found anywhere else and with backported and reimplemented features from MySQL 5.6.
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB!
- Performance Schema updated to 5.6.24
- XtraDB updated to XtraDB-5.6.23-72.1
- Innodb updated to InnoDB-5.6.24
- Spider updated to 3.2.21
- Mroonga updated to 5.02
- Audit Plugin upgraded to 1.3.0, including the QUERY_DCL filter option.
- Fixed unrecognised column quoted with backticks in a function in a HAVING clause (MDEV-7301).
- ALTER TABLE with conflicting CHARACTER SET and CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET arguments now reports error (MDEV-7386).
- Fixed Regression (from 10.0.14): Bit and hex string literals changed column names (MDEV-7629).
- Some symbols in table name can cause to Error Code: 1050 when created FK. Table name is on filename charset but foreign key identifiers are not. This lead incorrect foreign key identifier number to be used (MDEV-7627).
- ALTER [ONLINE] TABLE with no options no longer requires a table copy (MDEV-7390).
- Fixed a case where it was impossible to create copy of a table if the table contained a default value for timestamp field in sql_mode="NO_ZERO_DATE" (MDEV-7778).
Other SQL Commands
- INSTALL PLUGIN can now be done in bootstrap mode where authentication is disabled (MDEV-7781).
- Corrected error handing in AES_ENCRYPT/AES_DECRYPT where incorrect data could result in a SSL client connection being terminated (MDEV-7697).
- Corrected Assertion `status_var.memory_used == 0' failed in THD::THD() on disconnect after executing EXPLAIN for multi-table UPDATE (MDEV-7038).
- Fixed crash when dropping user within rebuild_role_grants which occurs in some cases in SHOW GRANTS and DROP ROLE (MDEV-7774).
- SHOW GRANTS now shows the password for users that have the password field set, auth_string field empty, plugin=mysql_native_password (MDEV-7985).
- In Debug builds, an assertion could be triggered on really large blobs (MDEV-7754).
- Fixed segfault when a virtual column used on an Innodb table and an index was created on a field after the virtual column (MDEV-7367).
- Fixed server crash when inserting more rows than available space on disk (MDEV-7685).
- Now possible to get Innodb internal primary key for wrapper type storage engines (MDEV-7714).
- Starting with this release, commits in certain instances in parallel replication complete immediately, avoiding losing throughput when many transactions need conflicting locks. See binlog_commit_wait_count (MDEV-7847 / MDEV-7882).
- Fixed parallel replication worker threads that hung in some cases with non-transactional event groups (MDEV-7929).
- Fixed parallel replication error where deadlock was incorrectly handled (MDEV-8031).
- Fixed replication aborting on DROP /*!40005 TEMPORARY */ TABLE IF EXISTS (MDEV-8016).
- Fixed replication of temporary tables in statement mode that are grouped - fix MDEV-7668 wasn't sufficient (MDEV-7936).
- Fixed ANALYZE TABLE which was ordered incorrectly in the binlog (MDEV-7888).
- Added more detailed information about errors when GTID mode IO threads fail to connect (MDEV-7975).
- Fixed temporary tables lost at STOP SLAVE in GTID mode if master has not rotated binlog since restart (MDEV-6403).
- Fixed incorrect relay log start position when restarting SQL thread after error in parallel replication (MDEV-6589).
- Fixed problem where slave was 10x slower to execute a set of statements compared to the master when using RBR (MDEV-7578).
- Parallel replication worker threads are not spawned until needed (when an SQL thread is started), and they will be de-spawned if all SQL threads are stopped (MDEV-5289).
- Multilevel slaves with parallel replication - better logic resulted in performance increase to group more transactions at the first slave level resulting in increased parallelism at the second replication level (MDEV-7249).
- Fixed problem where Intermediate master groups using CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE with INSERT could cause the INSERT to occur before the TEMPORARY TABLE it operates on, causing parallel replication failure (MDEV-7668).
- Slave SQL: stopping replication on a non-last RBR event with annotations no longer results in segfaults (MDEV-7864).
- MASTER_POS_WAIT(log_name,log_pos,timeout,"connection_name") when connection name is specified now respects the timeout (MDEV-7130).
- New status variables binlog_group_commit_trigger_count, binlog_group_commit_trigger_timeout, and binlog_group_commit_trigger_lock_wait used to examine which triggers caused a group commit to be made (MDEV-7802).
- Fixed seconds_behind_master display in SHOW SLAVE STATUS which occasionally returned 0 when it really was much higher (MDEV-5114).
- PowerPC - fixed Innodb locking issue under high load - (MDEV-7148).
- BigEndian now builds in Cassandra storage engine (MDEV-7839).
- Fixed crash when running MariaDB Debug with InnoDB on Windows (MDEV-8079).
- CONNECT Engine Column names are now retrieved properly when field values are not latin1 characters (MDEV-7521).
- Fixed problem where connecting to missing remote table caused error that was re-reported when SHOW TABLE STATUS on a correctly formed table (MDEV-7636).
- Fixed problem where CONNECT returned error 174 on query to MS SQL Server 2012 involving timestamp column when the condition is given as a date literal (MDEV-7840).
- CONNECT now works with if(exists(select * from test)) statement in procedures (MDEV-7852).
- Fixed user variable assignment with SET @var = that resulted in ERROR 1148 (42000): CONNECT Unsupported command (MDEV-7616).
- Removed assertion in delete_or_rename_table that caused crashes on (XML) HTML tables (MDEV-7935).
- Added UDF Json_Array_Delete (MDEV-7935).
- Fixed a problem where defining indexes on a connect engine caused wrong results (MDEV-8090).
OQ Graph Engine
- SSL connections increased from 512 to 1024 bits in Diffie-Hellman exchange to support fips (MDEV-7794).
- Fixed problem where SSL read/write timeouts were 1000 times too high due to seconds/milliseconds error (MDEV-8096).
- OpenSSL now uses MD5 even if FIPS prohibited it, fixing a previous crash. This is fine as MD5 is not used for cryptographical purposes (md5 is used internally for P_S message digests and for view checksums) (MDEV-7788).
- Fixed problem where Initialization of status variables was not invoked for embedded (no bug reference. code change)
- Corrected wrong results with bigint when compiled with gcc 5.0 (MDEV-7973).
- Fixed assertion in Protocol::end_statement where CREATE VIEW occured after another connection aborted (MDEV-8045).
- Fixed MariaDB client where it could hang in an infinite loop based on no IO data returned (MDEV-8014).
- Fixes for the following security vulnerabilities:
- CVE-2014-8964 / CVE-2015-2325 / CVE-2015-2326 bundled PCRE contained heap-based buffer overflow vulnerability that allowed the server to crash or have other unspecified impact via a crafted regular expression made possible with the REGEXP_SUBSTR function (MDEV-8006).
New and Deprecated Distributions
As per the MariaDB Deprecation Policy, this will be the final release of MariaDB 10.0 for Fedora 19 "Schrödinger's Cat", Ubuntu 10.04 LTS "Lucid", and Mint 9 LTS "Isadora". When the next version of MariaDB 10.0 is released, repositories for these distributions will go away.
We have also added a couple of new Linux distributions with this release. Both Fedora 21 and Ubuntu 15.04 "Vivid" repositories are now available. As this is the first release with these repositories, they are considered experimental. Please let us know if you run into any issues with them.
Be notified of new MariaDB Server, Galera Cluster and Connector releases automatically by subscribing to the MariaDB Foundation community announce 'at' mariadb.org announcement list (this is a low traffic, announce-only list). MariaDB Corporation customers will be notified for all new releases, security issues and critical bug fixes for all MariaDB Corporation products thanks to the Notification Services.
MariaDB may already be included in your favorite OS distribution. More information can be found on the Distributions which Include MariaDB page.