Release date: 10 Mar 2014
MariaDB 10.0 is the current development version of MariaDB. It is an evolution of the MariaDB 5.5 series with several entirely new features not found anywhere else and with backported and reimplemented features from MySQL 5.6.
MariaDB 10.0.9 is an RC (Release Candidate) release. This is the tenth 10.0-based release, and the second RC release. All features planned for inclusion in the stable (GA) MariaDB 10.0 series are included in this release.
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB!
MariaDB 10.0.9 is primarily a bug-fix and polishing release.
Notable changes of this release include:
- Fixes for the following security vulnerabilities:
- InnoDB upgraded to version 5.6.15
- Extended-keys optimization is now enabled by default.
- MariaDB can be compiled to use the system's PCRE library.
- When a TIME value is casted to a DATETIME, the date part will be the CURRENT_DATE, not
0000-00-00. This is compatible with the SQL standard and MySQL-5.6. One can use
@@old_mode=ZERO_DATE_TIME_CASTto revert to the old behavior.
- XtraDB is now the default InnoDB implementation, Oracle InnoDB is a plugin that can be dynamically loaded if desired.
- Builds for Debian Sid and Ubuntu Trusty are being made available for the first time in the MariaDB repositories. For this release the Trusty packages are considered as alpha releases. The Sid packages will likely always be considered as such. Both were made as part of normal MariaDB development, and we're making them available for those that want to test or try them out.
Be notified of new MariaDB Server, Galera Cluster and Connector releases automatically by subscribing to the MariaDB Foundation community announce 'at' mariadb.org announcement list (this is a low traffic, announce-only list). MariaDB Corporation customers will be notified for all new releases, security issues and critical bug fixes for all MariaDB Corporation products thanks to the Notification Services.
MariaDB may already be included in your favorite OS distribution. More information can be found on the Distributions which Include MariaDB page.