MariaDB 10.1.24 Release Notes
Release date: 31 May 2017
MariaDB 10.1 is the previous stable series of MariaDB. It is an evolution of MariaDB 10.0 with several entirely new features not found anywhere else and with backported and reimplemented features from MySQL 5.6 and 5.7.
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB!
- XtraDB updated to 5.6.36-82.0
- TokuDB updated to 5.6.36-82.0
- Innodb updated to 5.6.36
- Performance Schema updated to 5.6.36
- MDEV-12674: Innodb_row_lock_current_waits has overflow
- MDEV-12188: information schema - errors populating fail to free memory, unlock mutexes
- MDEV-12832: support for streaming in tar format in MariaDB Backup has been removed
- MDEV-6262: Fixes from coverity report on MariaDB
- innodb_empty_free_list_algorithm default changed from
legacyto prevent potential deadlock issue in I/O-bound workloads with several small buffer pool instances in combination with small redo log files (see #1651657.)
A file format compatibility bug that was introduced in MariaDB 10.1.0 was fixed in MariaDB 10.1.21.
Using page_compression or non-default innodb_page_size created files that were incompatible with MariaDB 10.0 or MySQL 5.6. MariaDB 10.1.21 and higher will convert affected files from earlier MariaDB 10.1 releases to a compatible format.
This prevents a downgrade to earlier MariaDB 10.1 versions.
See the commit for details.
Be notified of new MariaDB Server, Galera Cluster and Connector releases automatically by subscribing to the MariaDB Foundation community announce 'at' mariadb.org announcement list (this is a low traffic, announce-only list). MariaDB Corporation customers will be notified for all new releases, security issues and critical bug fixes for all MariaDB Corporation products thanks to the Notification Services.
MariaDB may already be included in your favorite OS distribution. More information can be found on the Distributions which Include MariaDB page.