Release date: 17 Oct 2015
MariaDB 10.1 is the current stable series of MariaDB. It is an evolution of MariaDB 10.0 with several entirely new features not found anywhere else and with backported and reimplemented features from MySQL 5.6 and 5.7.
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB!
- XtraDB updated to XtraDB-5.6.26-74.0
- systemd support has been added for those distributions that support it.
- For CSV tables, the IETF_QUOTES option enables IETF-compatible parsing of embedded quote and comma characters (MDEV-8682).
- wsrep_node_address now supports IPv6 (MDEV-8034).
--silent-startupmysqld option. If specified, mysqld does not print Notes to log during startup.
- Replication from MySQL 5.6 with GTID, binlog_rows_query_log_events and ignorable events now works. In this case MariaDB will remove the MySQL GTIDs and other unneeded events and instead adds its own GTIDs.
- New proxy server option for the Feedback Plugin, feedback_http_proxy, for use when http calls cannot be made, such as in a firewall environment.
- Explicit or implicit casts from MAX(string) to INT, DOUBLE or DECIMAL now produce warnings (MDEV-8852).
- Fixes for the following security vulnerabilities:
Be notified of new MariaDB Server, Galera Cluster and Connector releases automatically by subscribing to the MariaDB Foundation community announce 'at' mariadb.org announcement list (this is a low traffic, announce-only list). MariaDB Corporation customers will be notified for all new releases, security issues and critical bug fixes for all MariaDB Corporation products thanks to the Notification Services.
MariaDB may already be included in your favorite OS distribution. More information can be found on the Distributions which Include MariaDB page.