Release date: 27 Mar 2018
MariaDB 10.2 is the current stable series of MariaDB. It is an evolution of MariaDB 10.1 with several entirely new features not found anywhere else and with backported and reimplemented features from MySQL 5.6 and 5.7.
Upgrading from earlier 10.2.x versions is highly recommended for all Galera users due to bug MDEV-12837 which caused serious stability issues with earlier versions. See the bug issue page for more information.
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB!
- MyRocks is now Gamma (RC)
- MDEV-14533 - Added the DISKS plugin, for monitoring disk space
- MDEV-14611 - ALTER TABLE EXCHANGE PARTITION does not work properly when used with DATA DIRECTORY.
- MDEV-15333 - MariaDB (still) slow start
- MDEV-12255 - Wrong result with innodb_prefix_index_cluster_optimization
- MDEV-12396 - IMPORT TABLESPACE cleanup
- MDEV-14648 - Restore fix for MySQL BUG#39053 - UNINSTALL PLUGIN does not allow the storage engine to cleanup open connections
- MDEV-15249 - IMPORT fixes
- MDEV-14988 - innodb_read_only tries to modify files if transactions were recovered in COMMITTED state
- MDEV-14773 - DROP TABLE hangs for InnoDB table with FULLTEXT index (fixing a recent regression from upstream)
- MDEV-15529 - IMPORT TABLESPACE unnecessarily uses the doublewrite buffer
- MDEV-15554 - InnoDB page_cleaner shutdown sometimes hangs
- MDEV-14545 - Mariabackup - Backup fails due to MLOG_INDEX_LOAD record
Be notified of new MariaDB Server, Galera Cluster and Connector releases automatically by subscribing to the MariaDB Foundation community announce 'at' mariadb.org announcement list (this is a low traffic, announce-only list). MariaDB Corporation customers will be notified for all new releases, security issues and critical bug fixes for all MariaDB Corporation products thanks to the Notification Services.
MariaDB may already be included in your favorite OS distribution. More information can be found on the Distributions which Include MariaDB page.