Release date: 17 May 2018
MariaDB 10.2 is the current stable series of MariaDB. It is an evolution of MariaDB 10.1 with several entirely new features not found anywhere else and with backported and reimplemented features from MySQL 5.6 and 5.7.
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB!
- PCRE updated to 8.42
- The embedded server library now supports SSL when connecting to remote servers
- MDEV-15325 - Incomplete validation of missing tablespace during recovery
- MDEV-15720 - ib_buffer_pool unnecessarily includes the temporary tablespace
- MDEV-15764 - InnoDB may write uninitialized garbage to redo log
- MDEV-15553 - Virtual Columns: Assertion failed in dict_table_get_col_name
- MDEV-14705 - slow innodb startup/shutdown can exceed systemd timeout
- MDEV-15707 - deadlock in Innodb IO code, caused by change buffering (Windows)
- MDEV-15507 - Assertion failed in dict_check_sys_tables on upgrade from 5.5
- MDEV-15916 - Change buffer crash during TRUNCATE or DROP TABLE
- encryption fixes - MDEV-12632, MDEV-13516, MDEV-15752, MDEV-15566, MDEV-16092
- temporary table ROLLBACK fixes - MDEV-15826, MDEV-15374
- applicable changes from 5.7.22 - MDEV-16142
- Ubuntu 18.04 "bionic" and Fedora 28 packages and repositories are being introduced in this release. See the MariaDB Repository Configuration Tool for instructions on setting up these repositories.
- As per the MariaDB Deprecation Policy, this will be the last release of MariaDB 10.2 for Debian 7 Wheezy and Fedora 26
- Fixes for the following security vulnerabilities:
Be notified of new MariaDB Server, Galera Cluster and Connector releases automatically by subscribing to the MariaDB Foundation community announce 'at' mariadb.org announcement list (this is a low traffic, announce-only list). MariaDB Corporation customers will be notified for all new releases, security issues and critical bug fixes for all MariaDB Corporation products thanks to the Notification Services.
MariaDB may already be included in your favorite OS distribution. More information can be found on the Distributions which Include MariaDB page.