Release date: 13 Nov 2018
MariaDB 10.2 is the previous stable series of MariaDB. It is an evolution of MariaDB 10.1 with several entirely new features not found anywhere else and with backported and reimplemented features from MySQL 5.6 and 5.7.
Upgrading from earlier 10.2.x versions is highly recommended for all Galera users due to bug MDEV-12837 which caused serious stability issues with earlier versions. See the bug issue page for more information.
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB!
- innodb_safe_truncate system variable for a backup-safe TRUNCATE TABLE implementation that is based on RENAME, CREATE, DROP (MDEV-14717, MDEV-14585, MDEV-13564)
- MDEV-17289: Multi-pass recovery fails to apply some redo log records
- MDEV-17073: INSERT…ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE became more deadlock-prone
- MDEV-17491: micro optimize page_id_t
- MDEV-13671: InnoDB should use case-insensitive column name comparisons like the rest of the server
- Fixes for indexed virtual columns: MDEV-17215, MDEV-16980
- MDEV-17433: Allow InnoDB start up with empty ib_logfile0 from
- MDEV-12547: InnoDB FULLTEXT index has too strict innodb_ft_result_cache_limit max limit
- MDEV-17541: KILL QUERY during lock wait in FOREIGN KEY check causes hang
- MDEV-17531: Crash in RENAME TABLE with FOREIGN KEY and FULLTEXT INDEX
- MDEV-17532: Performance_schema reports wrong directory for the temporary
- MDEV-17545: Predicate lock for SPATIAL INDEX should lock non-matching record
- MDEV-17546: SPATIAL INDEX should not be allowed for FOREIGN KEY
- MDEV-17548: Incorrect access to off-page column for indexed virtual column
- MDEV-12023: Assertion failure
sym_node->table != NULLon startup
- MDEV-17230: encryption_key_id from alter is ignored by encryption threads
- As per the MariaDB Deprecation Policy, this will be the last release of MariaDB 10.2 for Fedora 27
- Fixes for the following security vulnerabilities:
Be notified of new MariaDB Server, Galera Cluster and Connector releases automatically by subscribing to the MariaDB Foundation community announce 'at' mariadb.org announcement list (this is a low traffic, announce-only list). MariaDB Corporation customers will be notified for all new releases, security issues and critical bug fixes for all MariaDB Corporation products thanks to the Notification Services.
MariaDB may already be included in your favorite OS distribution. More information can be found on the Distributions which Include MariaDB page.