Release date: 24 Dec 2018
MariaDB 10.2 is the previous stable series of MariaDB. It is an evolution of MariaDB 10.1 with several entirely new features not found anywhere else and with backported and reimplemented features from MySQL 5.6 and 5.7.
Upgrading from earlier 10.2.x versions is highly recommended for all Galera users due to bug MDEV-12837 which caused serious stability issues with earlier versions. See the bug issue page for more information.
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB!
- Data type validation:
- MDEV-17765: Locking bug fix for SPATIAL INDEX
- MDEV-17923, MDEV-17904, MDEV-17938: Fixes for FULLTEXT INDEX
- Fixes for regressions introduced in MariaDB Server 10.2.19 by the backup-safe TRUNCATE TABLE (MDEV-13564, innodb_safe_truncate=ON) and innodb_undo_log_truncate:
- Several improvements to MariaDB Server and backup for dealing with encrypted or page_compressed pages:
- MDEV-12112: corruption in encrypted table may be overlooked
- MDEV-17958: On little-endian systems, remove bug-compatible variant of innodb_checksum_algorithm=crc32
- MDEV-17957: Make innodb_checksum_algorithm stricter for strict_* values
- MDEV-18025: Mariabackup fails to detect corrupted page_compressed=1 tables
- The Galera library in the repositories has been updated to version 25.3.25
Be notified of new MariaDB Server, Galera Cluster and Connector releases automatically by subscribing to the MariaDB Foundation community announce 'at' mariadb.org announcement list (this is a low traffic, announce-only list). MariaDB Corporation customers will be notified for all new releases, security issues and critical bug fixes for all MariaDB Corporation products thanks to the Notification Services.
MariaDB may already be included in your favorite OS distribution. More information can be found on the Distributions which Include MariaDB page.