Release date: 2 Jan 2019
MariaDB 10.2 is the previous stable series of MariaDB. It is an evolution of MariaDB 10.1 with several entirely new features not found anywhere else and with backported and reimplemented features from MySQL 5.6 and 5.7.
Upgrading from earlier 10.2.x versions is highly recommended for all Galera users due to bug MDEV-12837 which caused serious stability issues with earlier versions. See the bug issue page for more information.
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB!
- MDEV-17589 - Stack-buffer-overflow with indexed varchar (utf8) field
- MDEV-16987 - ALTER DATABASE possible in read-only mode (forbid ALTER DATABASE in read_only)
- MDEV-17720 - slave_ddl_exec_mode=IDEMPOTENT does not handle DROP DATABASE
- MDEV-6453 - Assertion `inited==NONE || (inited==RND && scan)' failed in handler::ha_rnd_init(bool) with InnoDB, joins, AND/OR conditions
- MDEV-18105 - Mariabackup fails to copy encrypted InnoDB system tablespace if LSN>4G
- MDEV-18041 - Database corruption after renaming a prefix-indexed column
- MDEV-17470 - Orphan temporary files after interrupted ALTER cause InnoDB: Operating system error number 17 and eventual fatal error 71
Be notified of new MariaDB Server, Galera Cluster and Connector releases automatically by subscribing to the MariaDB Foundation community announce 'at' mariadb.org announcement list (this is a low traffic, announce-only list). MariaDB Corporation customers will be notified for all new releases, security issues and critical bug fixes for all MariaDB Corporation products thanks to the Notification Services.
MariaDB may already be included in your favorite OS distribution. More information can be found on the Distributions which Include MariaDB page.