MariaDB 10.2.26 Release Notes
Release date: 31 Jul 2019
MariaDB 10.2 is a previous stable series of MariaDB. It is an evolution of MariaDB 10.1 with several entirely new features not found anywhere else and with backported and reimplemented features from MySQL 5.6 and 5.7.
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB!
- MDEV-19795: Merge upstream MyRocks.
- MDEV-17228: Encrypted temporary tables are not encrypted.
- MDEV-18328: Disks Plugin is now stable and requires the FILE privilege.
- Merge relevant InnoDB changes from MySQL 5.7.27
- MDEV-20102: When the ctas from a big table is interrupted ,then you can't drop or recreate the table
- MDEV-19292: InnoDB's row size calculations were fixed, which might result in "Row size too large" errors when creating or altering tables with lots columns. This can occur even if previous MariaDB releases did not throw errors for the same tables. Some workarounds are listed at InnoDB Row Formats Overview: Upgrading Causes Row Size Too Large Errors.
- ALTER TABLE: MDEV-15641
- Indexed virtual columns: MDEV-16222, MDEV-17005
- FULLTEXT INDEX: MDEV-14154
- Encryption: MDEV-17228, MDEV-19914
- Galera + FOREIGN KEY: MDEV-19660
- Recovery & Mariabackup: MDEV-19978
- MDEV-19871: Add page id matching check in innochecksum tool
- MDEV-20091: DROP TEMPORARY table is logged despite no CREATE was logged
- MDEV-19421: Basic 3-way join queries are not parsed - parsing problem of joins fixed
- MDEV-19427: mysql_upgrade_service throws exception upgrading from 10.0 to 10.3
- MDEV-18661: loading the audit plugin causes performance regression
- MDEV-19771: REPLACE on table with virtual_field can cause crash
- MDEV-19595: fix Aria ER_CRASHED_ON_USAGE and Assertion
- MDEV-18328: Make DISKS plugin check some privilege to access information_schema.DISKS table
- As per the MariaDB Deprecation Policy, this will be the last release of MariaDB 10.2 for Ubuntu 18.10 "Cosmic"
- Fixes for the following security vulnerabilities:
Upgrading from 10.2 versions earlier than 10.2.17 is highly recommended
for all Galera users due to bug MDEV-12837 which caused serious stability
issues with earlier versions. See the bug issue page for more information.
When upgrading from MariaDB 10.2.16 or earlier to MariaDB 10.2.17 or higher,
running mysql_upgrade is required due to changes introduced in MDEV-14637.
Be notified of new MariaDB Server, Galera Cluster and Connector releases automatically by subscribing to the MariaDB Foundation community announce 'at' mariadb.org announcement list (this is a low traffic, announce-only list). MariaDB Corporation customers will be notified for all new releases, security issues and critical bug fixes for all MariaDB Corporation products thanks to the Notification Services.
MariaDB may already be included in your favorite OS distribution. More information can be found on the Distributions which Include MariaDB page.