Release date: 12 Jul 2017
MariaDB 10.2 is the current stable series of MariaDB. It is an evolution of MariaDB 10.1 with several entirely new features not found anywhere else and with backported and reimplemented features from MySQL 5.6 and 5.7.
This is the second stable release in the MariaDB 10.2 series.
- The JSON data type (an alias for LONGTEXT) was introduced.
- TokuDB updated to 5.6.36-82.0
- MariaDB Backup beta now included for Red Hat, CentOS, and Fedora packages. See MDEV-13311 for an important note about restoring with this version.
- MDEV-13125: Core dumps can now be enabled dynamically
- MDEV-13132: Literals in the
COLUMN_DEFAULTcolumn in the Information Schema COLUMNS table are now quoted to distinguish them from expressions.
- New variables:
- As per the MariaDB Deprecation Policy, this will be the last release of MariaDB 10.2 for Ubuntu 16.10 "Yakkety"
Be notified of new MariaDB Server, Galera Cluster and Connector releases automatically by subscribing to the MariaDB Foundation community announce 'at' mariadb.org announcement list (this is a low traffic, announce-only list). MariaDB Corporation customers will be notified for all new releases, security issues and critical bug fixes for all MariaDB Corporation products thanks to the Notification Services.
MariaDB may already be included in your favorite OS distribution. More information can be found on the Distributions which Include MariaDB page.