Release date: 15 Aug 2018
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB!
Notable changes of this release include:
- New variable innodb_log_optimize_ddl for avoiding delay due to page flushing and allowing concurrent backup.
- InnoDB updated to 5.7.23
- ALTER TABLE fixes:
- MDEV-14637 - Fix hang due to DDL with FOREIGN KEY or persistent statistics
- MDEV-15953 - Alter InnoDB Partitioned Table Moves Files (which were originally not in the datadir) to the datadir
- MDEV-16515 - InnoDB: Failing assertion: ++retries < 10000 in file dict0dict.cc line 2737
- MDEV-16809 - Allow full redo logging for ALTER TABLE
- MDEV-16131 - Assertion `is_instant() || id == DICT_INDEXES_ID' failed in dict_index_t::instant_field_value
- MDEV-16830 - ALTER TABLE DROP FOREIGN KEY - unexpected end of stream error
- Temporary tables: MDEV-16713 - InnoDB hang with repeating log entry
- MDEV-16596 - Windows - redo log does not work on native 4K sector disks
- indexed virtual columns: MDEV-15855 - Deadlock between purge thread and DDL statement
- locking: MDEV-16664 - Change the default to innodb_lock_schedule_algorithm=fcfs
- Galera: MDEV-15822 - WSREP: BF lock wait long for trx
- MDEV-16675 - Unnecessary explicit lock acquisition during UPDATE or DELETE
- Packages and a repository for openSUSE 15 have been added with this release, visit the Repository Configuration Tool for instructions on adding the repository
- Fixes for the following security vulnerabilities:
Be notified of new MariaDB Server, Galera Cluster and Connector releases automatically by subscribing to the MariaDB Foundation community announce 'at' mariadb.org announcement list (this is a low traffic, announce-only list). MariaDB Corporation customers will be notified for all new releases, security issues and critical bug fixes for all MariaDB Corporation products thanks to the Notification Services.
MariaDB may already be included in your favorite OS distribution. More information can be found on the Distributions which Include MariaDB page.