MariaDB 10.4.7 Release Notes
Release date: 31 Jul 2019
MariaDB 10.4 is the current stable series of MariaDB. It is an evolution of MariaDB 10.3 with several entirely new features not found anywhere else and with backported and reimplemented features from MySQL.
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB!
Notable changes of this release include:
- MDEV-19795: Merge upstream MyRocks.
- MDEV-17228: Encrypted temporary tables are not encrypted.
- MDEV-18328: Disks Plugin is now stable and requires the FILE privilege.
- MDEV-16508: Spider - sql_mode not maintained between spider node and data nodes.
- Merge relevant InnoDB changes from MySQL 5.7.27
- Adjust spin loops to the x86 PAUSE instruction latency (MDEV-19845)
- CREATE TABLE: MDEV-19292, MDEV-20102
- ALTER TABLE: MDEV-15641, MDEV-19630, MDEV-19916, MDEV-19974, MDEV-17301, MDEV-18266
- Indexed virtual columns: MDEV-16222, MDEV-17005, MDEV-19870
- FULLTEXT INDEX: MDEV-14154
- Encryption: MDEV-17228, MDEV-19914
- Galera + FOREIGN KEY: MDEV-19660
- Recovery & Mariabackup: MDEV-19978
- MDEV-20091: DROP TEMPORARY table is logged despite no CREATE was logged
- MDEV-19871: Add page id matching check in innochecksum tool
- MDEV-20179: Server hangs on shutdown during installation of Spider
- As per the MariaDB Deprecation Policy, this will be the last release of MariaDB 10.4 for OpenSUSE 42.3 and Ubuntu 18.10 "Cosmic"
- Fixes for the following security vulnerabilities:
Be notified of new MariaDB Server, Galera Cluster and Connector releases automatically by subscribing to the MariaDB Foundation community announce 'at' mariadb.org announcement list (this is a low traffic, announce-only list). MariaDB Corporation customers will be notified for all new releases, security issues and critical bug fixes for all MariaDB Corporation products thanks to the Notification Services.
MariaDB may already be included in your favorite OS distribution. More information can be found on the Distributions which Include MariaDB page.