MariaDB 10.5.0 Release Notes
Note: This page describes features in the source repository for MariaDB 10.5. There are currently no official packages or binaries available for download which contain the features. If you want to try out any of the new features described here you will need to get and compile the code yourself.
MariaDB 10.5 will be the next development series of MariaDB. It is an evolution of MariaDB 10.4 with several entirely new features not found anywhere else and with backported and reimplemented features from MySQL.
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB!
This will be the first alpha release in the MariaDB 10.5 series.
Notable changes of this release include:
S3 Storage Engine
- Information Schema tables (THREADPOOL_GROUPS, THREADPOOL_QUEUES and THREADPOOL_STATS) for internals of generic threadpool (MDEV-19313).
- innodb_checksum_algorithm now defaults to
- innodb_checksums has been removed (MDEV-19534).
- innodb_log_checksums has been deprecated (MDEV-19543).
- innodb_locks_unsafe_for_binlog has been removed (MDEV-19544).
- innodb_stats_sample_pages has been removed (MDEV-19551).
- innodb_undo_logs has been deprecated (MDEV-19570).
- innodb_rollback_segments has been removed (MDEV-19570).
Be notified of new MariaDB Server, Galera Cluster and Connector releases automatically by subscribing to the MariaDB Foundation community announce 'at' mariadb.org announcement list (this is a low traffic, announce-only list). MariaDB Corporation customers will be notified for all new releases, security issues and critical bug fixes for all MariaDB Corporation products thanks to the Notification Services.
MariaDB may already be included in your favorite OS distribution. More information can be found on the Distributions which Include MariaDB page.