MariaDB Connector/C 2.2.0 Release notes
The most recent stable release of MariaDB Connector/C is:
MariaDB Connector/C 3.1.4
Release date: 29 Sept 2015
This is a Stable (GA) release of the MariaDB Connector/C, formerly known as MariaDB Client Library for C. In general, marking this release as stable means that there are no known serious bugs, except for those marked as feature requests, that no bugs were fixed since last release that caused a notable code changes, and that we believe the code is ready for general usage (based on bug inflow).
For a description of this library see the MariaDB Connector/C page.
SSL: For preventing man in the middle attacks MariaDB Connector/C now supports additional validation of a server certificate by checking the SHA1-fingerprint. (New options: MARIADB_OPT_SSL_FP and MARIADB_OPT_SSL_FP_LIST)
- CONC-129: fix crash in mysql_close_start if connection is broken
- CONC-130: Initial wait on connect is wrong direction
- CONC-131: memory leak in mysql_close (asynchronous)
- CONC-132: Prevent overriding of SUFFIX_INSTALL_DIR
- CONC-133: Centos 6 32 bits: Release build error: my_context.c:454: Error: CFI instruction used without previous .cfi_startproc
- CONC-135: mysql_get_socket now returns MARIADB_INVALID_SOCKET
- CONC-136: Asynchronous version of mysql_select_db was not exported
- CONC-137: Error code not set in mysql_stmt_send_long_data
- CONC-138: memory leak in mysql_ssl_set
- CONC-139: Xcode/OSX build doesn't work
- CONC-140: MinGW/Windows7 build doesn't work because ssize_t is redefined
- CONC-141: Hang when working with prepared statements
- CONC-143: use #include "my_stmt.h" instead of <my_stmt.h> in mysql.h
- Fixed possible memory overrun: When reallocating net->buffer we need to allocate extra space for header and compressed header
- removed dynamic column dependencies from my_global.h
- fixed plugin path in mariadb_config
- security fix: Don’t switch to untrusted connection if mysql_ssl_set was called and option for checking server certificate was enabled.
- Added a global variable mariadb_deinitialize_ssl which controls if SSL will be deinitialized in mysql_server_end (see MDEV-6671)
- Fixed string for hex_symbols in mysql_hex_string function
For a list of changes made in this release, with links to detailed information on each push, see the changelog.