MariaDB Connector/C 3.0.3 Release Notes
The most recent stable release of MariaDB Connector/C is:
MariaDB Connector/C 3.0.9
Release date: 18 Jan 2018
This is a Stable (GA) release of the MariaDB Connector/C, formerly known as MariaDB Client Library for C.
For a description of this library see the MariaDB Connector/C page.
- Added support for new utf8mb4 character sets
- New installation layout for Debian
- MDEV-9059: Bundle first command with authentication packet
- Build: support static OpenSSL on Windows
- MDEV-14101: Add support for tls-version, via mysql_options(mysql, MARIADB_OPT_TLS_VERSION, value), where value must be "TLSv1.1", "TLSv1.2" or "TLSv1.3".
- CONC-275: New indicator type STMT_INDICATOR_IGNORE_ROW for skipping particular parameter set in bulk operation (prepared statements).
Notable Bug fixes
- MDEV-10361: Don't try to reconnect twice if mysql_ping failed.
- Build fix for TSAN build with Clang
- CONC-302: Fix output of mariadb_config
- CONC-301: In case of a truncation the statement status was not updated correctly and further calls to mysql_stmt_fetch_column failed
- MDEV-14647: Fixed crash when client receives extended ok packet with SESSION_TRACK_STATE_CHANGE information flag
- CONC-297: setting MYSQL_OPT_LOCAL_INFILE failed on big endian systems.
- MDEV-14514: mariadb_config returned wrong exit code when specifying an invalid option
- MDEV-11546: Fixed timeout problem in Schannel
- CONC-277: Allow reinitialization of the library if mysql_server_end() was called.
- MDEV-11603: Solaris build fixes
- CONC-292: Fixed malloc result check in dynamic columns
- MDEV-14165: The metadata length value for a column with a zerofill flag was calculated with a fixed length instead of using the reported length.
- CONC-286: Force TLS/SSL usage if fingerprint parameters were specified.
- CONC-282: Connector/C now provides additional information for package version
- mariadb_config --cc_version lists the package version
- Beside MARIADB_PACKAGE_VERSION numeric representation MARIADB_PACKAGE_VERSION_ID can be used now within preprocessor directives.
- MDEV-13959: Fixed duplicate if condition in dynamic columns
- Added MARIADB_BASE_VERSION definition in mariadb_version.h to distnguish MARIADB from MySQL
- CONC-276: client library crashes on Windows after TLS reconnect
- CONC-271: installation layout fix for RPM
For a list of changes made in this release, with links to detailed information on each push, see the changelog.
Be notified of new MariaDB Server, Galera Cluster and Connector releases automatically by subscribing to the MariaDB Foundation community announce 'at' mariadb.org announcement list (this is a low traffic, announce-only list). MariaDB Corporation customers will be notified for all new releases, security issues and critical bug fixes for all MariaDB Corporation products thanks to the Notification Services.
MariaDB may already be included in your favorite OS distribution. More information can be found on the Distributions which Include MariaDB page.