Changes and Improvements in MariaDB 10.5
Do not use alpha releases in production!
- INSERT ... RETURNING (MDEV-10014)
- REPLACE ... RETURNING (MDEV-10014)
- The S3 storage engine allows one to archive MariaDB tables in Amazon S3, or any third-party public or private cloud that implements S3 API.
- Information Schema tables (THREADPOOL_GROUPS, THREADPOOL_QUEUES and THREADPOOL_STATS) for internals of generic threadpool (MDEV-19313).
- innodb_adaptive_hash_index now defaults to
- innodb_checksum_algorithm now defaults to
- innodb_checksums has been removed (MDEV-19534)
- innodb_log_checksums has been deprecated (MDEV-19543)
- innodb_locks_unsafe_for_binlog has been removed (MDEV-19544)
- innodb_stats_sample_pages has been removed (MDEV-19551)
- innodb_undo_logs has been deprecated (MDEV-19570)
- innodb_rollback_segments has been removed (MDEV-19570)
- Set innodb_log_files_in_group=1 by default (MDEV-20907)
- Extend SHOW STATUS LIKE 'Innodb_%' (MDEV-18582)
- Clean up INFORMATION_SCHEMA.INNODB_ tables (MDEV-19940)
- Doublewrite buffer is unnecessarily used for newly (re)initialized pages (MDEV-19738)
- Defer change buffer merge until pages are requested (MDEV-19514)
- Remove buf_page_t::newest_modification (MDEV-21132)
- Replace recv_sys_t::addr_hash with a std::map (MDEV-19586)
- Obsolete internal parser for FK in InnoDB (MDEV-20480)
- InnoDB thread pool for background tasks (MDEV-16264)
- ANALYZE for statements is improved, now it also shows the time spent checking the WHERE clause and doing other auxiliary operations (MDEV-20854)
- Inferred IS NOT NULL predicates can be used by the range optimizer (MDEV-15777)
- The Information Schema SYSTEM_VARIABLES Table has a new column showing from which config file a variable derives its value (MDEV-12684)
- Switch Perl DBI scripts from DBD::mysql to DBD::MariaDB driver (MDEV-19755)
- The Aria max key length is now 2000 bytes, compared to 1000 bytes in MyISAM.
Content reproduced on this site is the property of its respective owners, and this content is not reviewed in advance by MariaDB. The views, information and opinions expressed by this content do not necessarily represent those of MariaDB or any other party.