Changes and Improvements in MariaDB 10.5
MariaDB 10.5 will be the next major development version. There are currently no releases. MariaDB 10.4 is a release candidate, and mostly feature-complete, so major new features will be going into 10.5.
- The S3 storage engine allows one to archive MariaDB tables in Amazon S3, or any third-party public or private cloud that implements S3 API.
- Information Schema tables (THREADPOOL_GROUPS, THREADPOOL_QUEUES and THREADPOOL_STATS) for internals of generic threadpool (MDEV-19313).
- innodb_checksum_algorithm now defaults to
- innodb_checksums has been removed (MDEV-19534).
- innodb_log_checksums has been deprecated (MDEV-19543).
- innodb_locks_unsafe_for_binlog has been removed (MDEV-19544).
- innodb_stats_sample_pages has been removed (MDEV-19551).
- innodb_undo_logs has been deprecated (MDEV-19570).
- innodb_rollback_segments has been removed (MDEV-19570).