You are viewing an old version of this article. View the current version here.
LibreOffice Base is free to use RDBMS (relational database management system) front-end tool to create and manage various databases.
Before going further make sure to prepare an ODBC connector as explained on MariaDB ODBC connector article. That includes:
- Download MariaDB ODBC connector (latest version 3.1.7-ga)
- Copy shared library libmaodbc.so to /usr/lib/[multi-arch]
- Install unixodbc, unixodbc-dev, openssh-client, odbcinst packages
- Create template file for ODBC driver, example for template file “MariaDB_odbc_driver_template.ini” could be:
|[MariaDB ODBC 3.1 Driver]|
|Description = MariaDB Connector/ODBC v.3.1|
|Driver = /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libmaodbc.so|
- Install ODBC driver from template file running:
$ odbcinst -i -d -f MariaDB_odbc_driver_template.ini
Verify successful installation in /etc/odbcinst.ini file.
- Create template file for Data Source Name (DSN), example for template file “MariaDB_odbc_data_source_template.ini” could be:
|Driver=MariaDB ODBC 3.1 Driver|
Content reproduced on this site is the property of its respective owners, and this content is not reviewed in advance by MariaDB. The views, information and opinions expressed by this content do not necessarily represent those of MariaDB or any other party.