MariaDB 10.11.0 Release Notes
Release date: 26 Sep 2022
Do not use alpha releases in production!
The preview is available as a container quay.io/mariadb-foundation/mariadb-devel:10.11-preview.
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB!
- Windows - passwordless login for mariadb root user, for OS admin users, using the gssapi authentication plugin (MDEV-26715)
- GRANT to PUBLIC (MDEV-5215) (blog post)
- Separate SUPER and READ ONLY ADMIN privileges (MDEV-29596)
- Semi-join optimization for single-table update/delete statements (MDEV-7487)
- Allow pushdown of queries involving UNIONs in outer select to foreign engines (MDEV-25080)
- Make ANALYZE FORMAT=JSON show time spent in the query optimizer (MDEV-28926)
- Performance Issues reading the Information Schema Parameters table (MDEV-29104)
- Full table scan in the Information Schema Parameters and Information Schema Routines tables (MDEV-20609)
- System versioning setting, system_versioning_insert_history, to allow history modification (MDEV-16546)
- mariadb-dump: dump and restore historical data (MDEV-16029)
- innodb_write_io_threads and innodb_read_io_threads are now dynamic, and their values can be changed without restarting the server (MDEV-11026)
- Rename slow queries variables (MDEV-7567)
Be notified of new MariaDB Server releases automatically by subscribing to the MariaDB Foundation community announce 'at' mariadb.org announcement list (this is a low traffic, announce-only list). MariaDB Corporation customers will be notified for all new releases, security issues and critical bug fixes for all MariaDB Corporation products thanks to the Notification Services.
MariaDB may already be included in your favorite OS distribution. More information can be found on the Distributions which Include MariaDB page.