MariaDB 10.3.37 Release Notes
Release date: 7 Nov 2022
MariaDB 10.3 is a previous stable series of MariaDB, maintained until May 2023, and an evolution of MariaDB 10.2 with several entirely new features not found anywhere else and with backported and reimplemented features from MySQL.
For an overview of MariaDB Server 10.3 see the What is MariaDB 10.3? page.
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB!
- The server no longer tolerates incorrectly configured SSL (MDEV-29811). If you have enabled SSL in
my.cnfbut have not configured it properly (for example, a certificate file is missing), MariaDB used to silently disable SSL, leaving you under impression that everything was fine and connections were secure. Since this release, MariaDB will fail to start if SSL is enabled, but cannot be switched on.
- InnoDB unnecessarily extends data files (MDEV-13013)
- Adaptive hash index MDEV-27700, MDEV-29384
- MVCC and locking MDEV-29666, MDEV-27927
- Virtual columns MDEV-29299, MDEV-29753
- minor correction in unsafe warning message (MDEV-28827)
- False replication error-stop of REVOKE PRIVILEGES from a non-existing user on primary (MDEV-28530) in combination with a filtering replica is corrected
- SET DEFAULT ROLE replication is mended on a replica that filters system tables (MDEV-28294)
- Beginning with the next release (Q1 2023), our Yum, DNF, and Zypper repositories for Red Hat, Fedora, and SUSE will be migrated to being signed with a new GPG key. The key we are migrating to is the same one we already use for our Debian and Ubuntu Repositories.
- The short Key ID is:
- The long Key ID is:
- The full fingerprint of the key is:
177F 4010 FE56 CA33 3630 0305 F165 6F24 C74C D1D8
- The key can be imported now in preparation for this change using the following command:
- The short Key ID is:
sudo rpm --import https://supplychain.mariadb.com/MariaDB-Server-GPG-KEY
Docker Official Image
The following changes have been made to the
docker.io/library/mariadb container image.
- The number of gpg packages packages has been removed, leaving enough to
apt-get update, but
dirmngrthat would fetch keys has been removed. (inspired by issue #469)
- The environment variable
LANG=C.UTF-8has been added for those that exec into containers and copy paste UTF8 characters (fixes issue #468).
- Adds OCI labels to image (fixes issue 436 and users need for version)
- MariaDB config: skip-host-cache and skip-name-resolve moved to
Be notified of new MariaDB Server releases automatically by subscribing to the MariaDB Foundation community announce 'at' lists.mariadb.org announcement list (this is a low traffic, announce-only list). MariaDB plc customers will be notified for all new releases, security issues and critical bug fixes for all MariaDB plc products thanks to the Notification Services.
MariaDB may already be included in your favorite OS distribution. More information can be found on the Distributions which Include MariaDB page.