MariaDB 10.5.20 Release Notes
Release date: 10 May 2023
MariaDB 10.5 is a previous stable series of MariaDB, maintained until June 2025. It is an evolution of MariaDB 10.4 with several entirely new features not found anywhere else and with backported and reimplemented features from MySQL.
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB!
- Crash on ROLLBACK in a ROW_FORMAT=COMPRESSED table (MDEV-30882)
- UNIQUE USING HASH accepts duplicate entries for tricky collations (MDEV-30034)
- rec_get_offsets() is not optimal (MDEV-30567)
- Performance regression in fil_space_t::try_to_close() introduced in MDEV-23855 (MDEV-30775)
- InnoDB recovery hangs when buffer pool ran out of memory (MDEV-30551)
- InnoDB undo log truncation fails to wait for purge of history (MDEV-30671
- Fix miscount of doublewrites by Innodb_data_written (MDEV-31124)
- mariadb-backup doesn't utilise innodb-undo-log-directory (if specified as a relative path) during copy-back operation (MDEV-28187)
- mariabackup issues error messages during InnoDB tablespaces export on partial backup preparing (MDEV-29050)
- mariadb-backup does not copy Aria logs if aria_log_dir_path is used (MDEV-30968)
- Race condition between buffer pool flush and log file deletion in mariadb-backup --prepare (MDEV-30860)
- Fixed a deadlock on parallel slave involving full image Write event on the sequence engine (MDEV-29621)
- Fixed an attempted out-of-order binlogging error on slave involving ALTER on the sequence engine (MDEV-31077)
- Corrected non-versioned master to versioned slave replication on no-unique attribute table (MDEV-30430)
- Mended encrypted binlog master to error out to gtid-mode slave when master could not decrypt a binlog file (MDEV-28798)
- Refined optimistic parallel slave to error-exit without any hang (MDEV-30780)
- Ensured SHOW-SLAVE-STATUS is processed on the parallel slave having a necessary mutex always intialized (MDEV-30620)
- Fixed the slave applier to report a correct error when gtid_slave_pos insert fails for some (engine) reasons (MDEV-31038)
- Split Materialized optimization is improved to re-fill the materialized table only if necessary. The fewer number of table refills is taken into account when choosing query plan, too (MDEV-26301).
- Queries using
SELECT DISTINCT some_expression(aggregate_function())could produce wrong query result. (MDEV-20057)
- A GROUP BY query with
MIN(primary_key)in select list and
primary_key<>constin the WHERE could produce wrong result when executed with "Using index for group-by" strategy (MDEV-30605)
- EXPLAIN could erroneously report that Rowid Filter optimization is used for partitioned tables. Partitioned tables do not support it. (MDEV-30596)
- A bug in selectivity computations for SINGLE/DOUBLE_PREC_HB histograms could cause wrong estimates to be produced. This could cause the optimizer to pick sub-optimal query plans (MDEV-31067).
Docker Official Images
- Add replication setup to containers contributed by Md Sahil (MDEV-29762)
Be notified of new MariaDB Server releases automatically by subscribing to the MariaDB Foundation community announce 'at' mariadb.org announcement list (this is a low traffic, announce-only list). MariaDB Corporation customers will be notified for all new releases, security issues and critical bug fixes for all MariaDB Corporation products thanks to the Notification Services.
MariaDB may already be included in your favorite OS distribution. More information can be found on the Distributions which Include MariaDB page.