MariaDB 10.6.12 Release Notes
Download Release Notes Changelog Overview of 10.6
Alternate download from mariadb.org
Release date: 6 Feb 2023
MariaDB 10.6 is the current long-term series of MariaDB, maintained until July 2026. It is an evolution of MariaDB 10.5 with several entirely new features.
MariaDB 10.6.12 is a Stable (GA) release.
For an overview of MariaDB 10.6 see the What is MariaDB 10.6? page.
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB!
- As mentioned in the 10.6.11 release notes, our Yum/DNF/Zypper repositories for Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS, Fedora, openSUSE, and SUSE are changing with this release to being signed with a new GPG key with SHA2 digest algorithms instead of SHA1. See this blog post and the GPG page for more details.
- Full-text index corruption with system versioning (MDEV-25004)
- innodb_undo_log_truncate=ON recovery and backup fixes (MDEV-29999, MDEV-30179, MDEV-30438)
- Upgrade after a crash is not supported (MDEV-24412)
- Remove InnoDB buffer pool load throttling (MDEV-25417)
- InnoDB shutdown hangs when the change buffer is corrupted (MDEV-30009)
innodb_fast_shutdown=0fails to report change buffer merge progress (MDEV-29984)
mariadb-backup --backup --incremental --throttle=...hangs (MDEV-29896)
- Crash after recovery, with InnoDB: Tried to read (MDEV-30132)
- Trying to write ... bytes at ... outside the bounds (MDEV-30069)
- TRUNCATE breaks FOREIGN KEY locking (MDEV-29504, MDEV-29849)
INFORMATION_SCHEMA.INNODB_TABLESPACES_ENCRYPTION.NAMEis NULL for undo tablespaces (MDEV-30119)
- Fixed hangs and error handling in B-tree operations (MDEV-29603, MDEV-30400)
- Fixes for cluster wide write conflict resolving (MDEV-29684)
- Parallel slave applying in binlog order is corrected for admin class of commands including ANALYZE (MDEV-30323)
Seconds_Behind_Masteris showed now more precisely at the slave applier start, including in the delayed mode (MDEV-29639)
mysqlbinlog --verboseis made to show the type of compressed columns (MDEV-25277)
- Deadlock is resolved on replica involving
BACKUP STAGE BLOCK_COMMITand a committing user XA (MDEV-30423)
- JSON_PRETTY added as an alias for JSON_DETAILED (MDEV-19160)
- Infinite sequence of recursive calls when processing embedded CTE (MDEV-30248)
- Crash with a query containing nested WINDOW clauses (MDEV-30052)
- Major performance regression with 10.6.11 (MDEV-29988)
- As per the MariaDB Deprecation Policy, this will be the last release of MariaDB 10.6 for Fedora 35.
- In this release repositories for Fedora 37 and Ubuntu 22.10 Kinetic have been added.
For a complete list of changes and bugfixes made in MariaDB 10.6.12, with links to detailed information on each push, see the changelog.
For a full list of contributors to MariaDB 10.6.12, see the MariaDB Foundation release announcement.
Be notified of new MariaDB Server releases automatically by subscribing to the MariaDB Foundation community announce 'at' mariadb.org announcement list (this is a low traffic, announce-only list). MariaDB Corporation customers will be notified for all new releases, security issues and critical bug fixes for all MariaDB Corporation products thanks to the Notification Services.
MariaDB may already be included in your favorite OS distribution. More information can be found on the Distributions which Include MariaDB page.