MariaDB 10.0.15 Release Notes
Release date: 25 Nov 2014
MariaDB 10.0 is the current stable series of MariaDB. It is an evolution of MariaDB 5.5 with several entirely new features not found anywhere else and with backported and reimplemented features from MySQL 5.6.
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB!
- This release fixes a serious bug in InnoDB and XtraDB that sometimes could cause a hard lock up of the server (MDEV-7026).
- This is the first release that includes Mroonga full-text search storage engine.
- When compiled with OpenSSL, MariaDB now supports TLSv1.2 protocol. Limit it to TLSv1.2 ciphers only with
--ssl_cipher=TLSv1.2. Limit it to SSLv3 ciphers with
--ssl-cipher=SSLv3. RPM and DEB packages from MariaDB.org are built with OpenSSL, others (for Windows and generic Linux) are built with yaSSL.
- Fixes for the following security vulnerabilities:
- Bundled PCRE is upgraded to 8.36
- InnoDB upgraded to 5.6.21
- XtraDB upgraded to 5.6.21-70.0
- TokuDB upgraded to 7.5.3
- SphinxSE upgraded to 2.2.6
- Updates to the CONNECT handler including:
- We now offer openSUSE repos, see the repository configuration tool for details on how to use it.
Be notified of new MariaDB Server releases automatically by subscribing to the MariaDB Foundation community announce 'at' lists.mariadb.org announcement list (this is a low traffic, announce-only list). MariaDB plc customers will be notified for all new releases, security issues and critical bug fixes for all MariaDB plc products thanks to the Notification Services.
MariaDB may already be included in your favorite OS distribution. More information can be found on the Distributions which Include MariaDB page.