MariaDB 10.10.0 Release Notes
Release date: 23 Jun 2022
Do not use alpha releases in production!
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB!
Remember, these features are in separate preview packages. The subsection header text corresponds to the preview package name.
- Change defaults for CHANGE MASTER TO so that GTID-based replication is used by default if master supports it (MDEV-19801)
- Deprecate MASTER_USE_GTID=Current_Pos to favor new MASTER_DEMOTE_TO_SLAVE option (MDEV-20122)
Available as container: quay.io/mariadb-foundation/mariadb-devel:10.10-gtid
- Improve optimization of joins with many tables, including eq_ref tables (MDEV-28852)
- Table elimination does not work across derived tables (MDEV-26278)
Available as container: quay.io/mariadb-foundation/mariadb-devel:10.10-optimizer
- Add UCA-14.0.0 collations (MDEV-27009)
- Improve contraction performance in UCA collations (MDEV-27265)
- Improve UCA collation performance for utf8mb3 and utf8mb4 (MDEV-27266)
Available as container: quay.io/mariadb-foundation/mariadb-devel:10.10-uca14
- ALTER ONLINE TABLE (MDEV-16329) (not included in MariaDB 10.10.1)
- Atomic CREATE OR REPLACE TABLE (MDEV-25292) (not included in MariaDB 10.10.1)
Available as container: quay.io/mariadb-foundation/mariadb-devel:10.10-ddl
- Implement a method to add IPs to allowlist for Galera Cluster node addresses that can make SST/IST requests (MDEV-27246)
- Change default of explicit_defaults_for_timestamp to ON (MDEV-28632)
- --ssl option set as default for mariadb CLI (MDEV-27105)
- Add RANDOM_BYTES function (MDEV-25704)
- The INET4 data type (MDEV-23287)
- Re-design the upper level of handling UPDATE and DELETE statements (MDEV-28883)
- Deprecate the DES_ENCRYPT/DECRYPT functions (MDEV-27104)
Available as container: quay.io/mariadb-foundation/mariadb-devel:10.10-misc
Be notified of new MariaDB Server releases automatically by subscribing to the MariaDB Foundation community announce 'at' mariadb.org announcement list (this is a low traffic, announce-only list). MariaDB Corporation customers will be notified for all new releases, security issues and critical bug fixes for all MariaDB Corporation products thanks to the Notification Services.
MariaDB may already be included in your favorite OS distribution. More information can be found on the Distributions which Include MariaDB page.