MariaDB 10.2.12 Release Notes
Release date: 4 Jan 2018
MariaDB 10.2 is the current stable series of MariaDB. It is an evolution of MariaDB 10.1 with several entirely new features not found anywhere else and with backported and reimplemented features from MySQL 5.6 and 5.7.
Upgrading from earlier 10.2.x versions is highly recommended for all Galera users due to bug MDEV-12837 which caused serious stability issues with earlier versions. See the bug issue page for more information.
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB!
- MDEV-12837 - WSREP: BF lock wait long
- MDEV-14799 - After UPDATE of indexed columns, old values will not be purged from secondary indexes
- MDEV-12827 - Assertion failure when reporting duplicate key error in online table rebuild
- MDEV-14008 - Failure reading auto-increment values in DOUBLE column from storage engine
- MDEV-12323 - Rollback progress log messages during crash recovery are intermixed with unrelated log messages
- MDEV-12352 - InnoDB shutdown should not be blocked by a large transaction rollback
- MDEV-13797 - InnoDB may hang if shutdown is initiated soon after startup while rolling back recovered incomplete transactions
- MDEV-14422 - Assertion failure in trx_purge_run() on shutdown
- MDEV-14589 - InnoDB should not lock a delete-marked record
- MDEV-14714 / MDEV-14488 / MDEV-14644 - data corruption caused by error log messages ending up in database files or binary logs
- MDEV-14511 - Use fewer transactions for updating InnoDB persistent statistics
- MDEV-13670 / MDEV-14550 - Error log flood : "InnoDB: page_cleaner: 1000ms intended loop took N ms. The settings might not be optimal."
- mariabackup: MDEV-14536 - during backup, retry read of log blocks, if there is (possibly intermittent) checksum mismatch
- As per the MariaDB Deprecation Policy, this will be the last release of MariaDB 10.2 for Ubuntu 17.04 "Zesty".
- The reserved word
WINDOWis now only disallowed for table aliases.
Be notified of new MariaDB Server releases automatically by subscribing to the MariaDB Foundation community announce 'at' lists.mariadb.org announcement list (this is a low traffic, announce-only list). MariaDB plc customers will be notified for all new releases, security issues and critical bug fixes for all MariaDB plc products thanks to the Notification Services.
MariaDB may already be included in your favorite OS distribution. More information can be found on the Distributions which Include MariaDB page.