MariaDB 10.2.35 Release Notes
Download Release Notes Changelog Overview of 10.2
Alternate download from mariadb.org
Release date: 3 Nov 2020
MariaDB 10.2 is a previous stable series of MariaDB. It is an evolution of MariaDB 10.1 with several entirely new features not found anywhere else and with backported and reimplemented features from MySQL 5.6 and 5.7.
MariaDB 10.2.35 is a Stable (GA) release.
For an overview of MariaDB 10.2 see the What is MariaDB 10.2? page.
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB!
- Set the default value of innodb_log_optimize_ddl to
OFFby default (MDEV-23720)
- BLACKHOLE Storage Engine maximum index size increased from 1000 to 3500 bytes (MDEV-24017)
- Calculating (auto rounding) issue (MDEV-23702)
- Named pipe permission issue (MDEV-24040)
- Temporary tables can no longer overwrite existing files. Instead an error is returned should a conflict occur (MDEV-23569)
- Binlog checksum verification at recovery time (MDEV-23832)
- Verbose print-out of Geometry types by mysqlbinlog (MDEV-22330)
- SHOW BINLOG EVENTS from <pos> validates <pos> when binlog checksummed (MDEV-21839)
- Freeing memory of replicate_do_table (MDEV-23534)
- Corrected verbose mysqlbinlog output for multi-record Rows-log-event (MDEV-16372)
- SET GLOBAL replicate_do_db = DEFAULT no longer causes crash (MDEV-20744)
- User killed queries that were running an index condition pushdown in InnoDB will now return an error (MDEV-23938)
- Wrong direxec param data caused crash; Numerous fixes about Mac builds (by Dmitri Shulga) (MDEV-19838)
- server_audit plugin now logs proxy users (MDEV-19443)
- Crash on SELECT on a table with indexed virtual columns (MDEV-18366)
- InnoDB updated to 5.7.32 (MDEV-23989)
- Bug fixes related to adaptive hash index (MDEV-23452, MDEV-23370)
- Fixed a bug in the recovery of encrypted tables (MDEV-23456)
- Fixed a race condition in MVCC reads (MDEV-22924)
- ALTER TABLE fixes (MDEV-22277, MDEV-22939, MDEV-23685, MDEV-23722)
- Fixed a crash with
- Computing certain Window Functions on a server started with
--encrypt-tmp_files=ONcould cause a wrong query result or crash (MDEV-23867)
- Galera wsrep library updated to 25.3.31
- Fixed galera got stuck after flush tables (MDEV-22707)
- IPv6 SST handling improved (MDEV-21770, MDEV-23576, MDEV-23580, MDEV-23581, MDEV-23574)
- Fixed SIGSEGV in lock_rec_unlock (MDEV-23101)
- Fixed replication of timezone if only 1 timezone is loaded (MDEV-22626)
- Fixed replication of CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER (MDEV-21578)
- Fixed SST FLUSH TABLES WITH READ LOCK timeout (MDEV-22543)
- As per the MariaDB Deprecation Policy, this will be the last release of MariaDB 10.2 for CentOS/RHEL 6
- Fixes for the following security vulnerabilities:
Upgrading from 10.2 versions earlier than 10.2.17 is highly recommended
for all Galera users due to bug MDEV-12837 which caused serious stability
issues with earlier versions. See the bug issue page for more information.
When upgrading from MariaDB 10.2.16 or earlier to MariaDB 10.2.17 or higher,
running mysql_upgrade is required due to changes introduced in MDEV-14637.
For a complete list of changes made in MariaDB 10.2.35 with links to detailed information on each push, see the changelog.
Be notified of new MariaDB Server releases automatically by subscribing to the MariaDB Foundation community announce 'at' mariadb.org announcement list (this is a low traffic, announce-only list). MariaDB Corporation customers will be notified for all new releases, security issues and critical bug fixes for all MariaDB Corporation products thanks to the Notification Services.
MariaDB may already be included in your favorite OS distribution. More information can be found on the Distributions which Include MariaDB page.