MariaDB 10.2.37 Release Notes
Release date: 22 Feb 2021
Last month long-time MariaDB VP of Engineering, Rasmus Johansson, passed due to complications from cancer. His loss has been felt keenly by the whole MariaDB team. Our thoughts are with his family during this difficult time and this release is dedicated to his memory.
MariaDB 10.2 is a previous stable series of MariaDB. It is an evolution of MariaDB 10.1 with several entirely new features not found anywhere else and with backported and reimplemented features from MySQL 5.6 and 5.7.
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB!
- MDEV-24188 - Hang in buf_page_create() after reusing a previously freed page
- MDEV-24275 - InnoDB persistent stats analyze forces full scan forcing lock crash
- MDEV-24449 - Corruption of system tablespace or last recovered page
- Galera updated to 25.3.32
- MDEV-23328 - Server hang due to Galera lock conflict resolution
- MDEV-23851 - BF-BF Conflict issue because of UK GAP locks
- MDEV-20717 - Plugin system variables and activation options can break mysqld --wsrep_recover
- MDEV-25179 - wsrep_provider and wsrep_notify_cmd system variables are now read-only
- MDEV-8134 - relay-log is corrected to rotate past 999999
- MDEV-23033 - fixed slave applier for row-based events with FK constraints on virtual columns
- MDEV-4633 - Relay_Log_Space of Show-Slave-Status is made thread-safe
- MDEV-24122 - anomalies in mysql.user tables on previously 5.7 MySQL versions corrected
- MDEV-23630 - mysqldump --system option
Upgrading from 10.2 versions earlier than 10.2.17 is highly recommended
for all Galera users due to bug MDEV-12837 which caused serious stability
issues with earlier versions. See the bug issue page for more information.
When upgrading from MariaDB 10.2.16 or earlier to MariaDB 10.2.17 or higher,
running mysql_upgrade is required due to changes introduced in MDEV-14637.
Be notified of new MariaDB Server releases automatically by subscribing to the MariaDB Foundation community announce 'at' mariadb.org announcement list (this is a low traffic, announce-only list). MariaDB Corporation customers will be notified for all new releases, security issues and critical bug fixes for all MariaDB Corporation products thanks to the Notification Services.
MariaDB may already be included in your favorite OS distribution. More information can be found on the Distributions which Include MariaDB page.