MariaDB 10.2.39 Release Notes
Release date: 23 Jun 2021
MariaDB 10.2 is a previous stable series of MariaDB. It is an evolution of MariaDB 10.1 with several entirely new features not found anywhere else and with backported and reimplemented features from MySQL 5.6 and 5.7.
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB!
This version of MariaDB is being released now to fix the following two regressions:
- Table alias from previous statement interferes later commands (MDEV-25672)
- Join using derived with aggregation returns incorrect results (MDEV-25714)
In addition to the above, this release also contains the following fixes:
- Change buffer entries are lost on InnoDB restart (MDEV-25869)
- InnoDB spatial indexes miss large geometry fields after MDEV-25459 (MDEV-25758)
- Double free of transaction during truncate operation (MDEV-25663)
- Double free of table when inplace alter FTS add index fails (MDEV-25721)
- Potential hang in purge for virtual columns (MDEV-25664)
- Change buffer entries for secondary indexes are lost on InnoDB restart (MDEV-25869)
- Do not replicate killed multi-table OPTIMIZE TABLE when the signal arrives before any table has been processed (MDEV-22530)
- Fix optistic parallel applier to not deadlock on admin commands OPTIMIZE, REPAIR, and ANALYZE (MDEV-17515)
- Backport MDEV-20821 parallel slave server shutdown hang (MDEV-22370)
Upgrading from 10.2 versions earlier than 10.2.17 is highly recommended
for all Galera users due to bug MDEV-12837 which caused serious stability
issues with earlier versions. See the bug issue page for more information.
When upgrading from MariaDB 10.2.16 or earlier to MariaDB 10.2.17 or higher,
running mysql_upgrade is required due to changes introduced in MDEV-14637.
MongoDB protocol support files for the CONNECT engine are missing in this release.
If you want to use CONNECT engine with MongoDB, you need to download
Mongo2.jar or Mongo3.jar and put a path to this file into the
connect_class_path in the
Be notified of new MariaDB Server releases automatically by subscribing to the MariaDB Foundation community announce 'at' mariadb.org announcement list (this is a low traffic, announce-only list). MariaDB Corporation customers will be notified for all new releases, security issues and critical bug fixes for all MariaDB Corporation products thanks to the Notification Services.
MariaDB may already be included in your favorite OS distribution. More information can be found on the Distributions which Include MariaDB page.