MariaDB 10.2.5 Release Notes
Release date: 5 Apr 2017
MariaDB 10.2 is the current development series of MariaDB. It is an evolution of MariaDB 10.1 with several entirely new features not found anywhere else and with backported and reimplemented features from MySQL 5.6 and 5.7.
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB!
- TokuDB updated to 5.6.35-80.0
- PCRE updated to 8.40
- MDEV-12160: ed25519 authentication plugin
- MDEV-11842: Fix a 10.1.21 regression with failed INSERT, BEFORE INSERT triggers, and columns with no default value
- MDEV-12075: Fix a 10.1.21 regression in the InnoDB data file extension code
- MDEV-11027: better InnoDB crash recovery progress reporting
- MDEV-11520: improvements to how InnoDB data files are extended
- Improvements to InnoDB startup/shutdown to make it more robust
- MDEV-9734: systemd compatible bintar files now available
- MDEV-9658: MyRocks alpha storage engine added
- This is an alpha version of this storage engine with limited functionality at this time
- Currently, zlib and snappy compression is supported (only zlib on Windows)
- MyRocks is not available for 32-bit platforms
- AWS Key Management plugin added for Windows, CentOS, RHEL, and Fedora packages
- MDEV-12091: Shutdown fails to wait for rollback of recovered transactions to finish
- MDEV-12219: Discard temporary undo logs at transaction commit
- MDEV-12289: compatibility fix for upgrading from 5.5 or 10.x
- MDEV-9255: Two new columns added to the Information Schema COLUMNS table, providing information about generated (virtual, or computed) columns.
Be notified of new MariaDB Server releases automatically by subscribing to the MariaDB Foundation community announce 'at' mariadb.org announcement list (this is a low traffic, announce-only list). MariaDB Corporation customers will be notified for all new releases, security issues and critical bug fixes for all MariaDB Corporation products thanks to the Notification Services.
MariaDB may already be included in your favorite OS distribution. More information can be found on the Distributions which Include MariaDB page.