MariaDB 10.3.11 Release Notes
Release date: 20 Nov 2018
For an overview of MariaDB Server 10.3 see the What is MariaDB 10.3? page.
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB!
Notable changes of this release include:
- mysqldump now uses
utf8mb4as a default character set, instead of
- sql_safe_updates can now be set as a command-line and
- Fixed crash on upgrade from MariaDB 10.1 or earlier: MDEV-12023
- MDEV-17073 - INSERT…ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE is now less deadlock-prone
- MDEV-17289 - Multi-pass recovery fails to apply some redo log records
- MDEV-17541 - KILL QUERY during lock wait in FOREIGN KEY check no longer causes hang
- MDEV-17531 - Fix crash in RENAME TABLE with FOREIGN KEY and FULLTEXT INDEX
- Spatial index fixes: MDEV-17545, MDEV-17546
- Virtual column fixes: MDEV-17215, MDEV-17548
- Mariabackup fixes:
- Packages for Fedora 29 and Ubuntu 18.10 Cosmic have been added in this release
- As per the MariaDB Deprecation Policy, this will be the last release of MariaDB 10.3 for Fedora 27
- Fixes for the following security vulnerabilities:
Be notified of new MariaDB Server releases automatically by subscribing to the MariaDB Foundation community announce 'at' mariadb.org announcement list (this is a low traffic, announce-only list). MariaDB Corporation customers will be notified for all new releases, security issues and critical bug fixes for all MariaDB Corporation products thanks to the Notification Services.
MariaDB may already be included in your favorite OS distribution. More information can be found on the Distributions which Include MariaDB page.