MariaDB 10.3.12 Release Notes
The most recent release of MariaDB 10.3 is:
MariaDB 10.3.38 Stable (GA) Download Now
Alternate download from mariadb.org
Download Release Notes Changelog Overview of 10.3
Release date: 7 Jan 2019
MariaDB 10.3 is an evolution of MariaDB 10.2 with several entirely new features not found anywhere else and with backported and reimplemented features from MySQL.
MariaDB 10.3.12 is a Stable (GA) release.
For an overview of MariaDB Server 10.3 see the What is MariaDB 10.3? page.
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB!
- MDEV-17589 - Stack-buffer-overflow with indexed varchar (utf8) field
- MDEV-16987 - ALTER DATABASE possible in read-only mode (forbid ALTER DATABASE in read_only)
- MDEV-17720 - slave_ddl_exec_mode=IDEMPOTENT does not handle DROP DATABASE
- MDEV-6453 - Assertion `inited==NONE || (inited==RND && scan)' failed in handler::ha_rnd_init(bool) with InnoDB, joins, AND/OR conditions
- MDEV-18105 - Mariabackup fails to copy encrypted InnoDB system tablespace if LSN>4G
- MDEV-17470 - Orphan temporary files after interrupted ALTER cause InnoDB: Operating system error number 17 and eventual fatal error 71
- MDEV-17765: Locking bug fix for SPATIAL INDEX
- ALTER TABLE Fixes for FULLTEXT INDEX: MDEV-17923, MDEV-17904, MDEV-17938
- Other ALTER TABLE fixes: MDEV-17470, MDEV-17833, MDEV-17815, MDEV-18039, MDEV-18041
- Fixes for regressions introduced in MariaDB 10.3.10 by the backup-safe TRUNCATE TABLE (MDEV-13564, innodb_safe_truncate=ON) and innodb_undo_log_truncate:
- Several improvements to MariaDB Server and backup for dealing with encrypted or page_compressed pages:
- MDEV-17957: Make innodb_checksum_algorithm stricter for strict_* values
- MDEV-17958: On little-endian systems, remove bug-compatible variant of innodb_checksum_algorithm=crc32
- MDEV-12112: corruption in encrypted table may be overlooked
- MDEV-18025: Mariabackup fails to detect corrupted page_compressed=1 tables
- Virtual columns: MDEV-17199 Assertion `pos < table->n_v_def' failed after upgrade from before 10.2
- MDEV-17881: Assertion failure in cmp_dtuple_rec_with_match_bytes after instant ADD COLUMN
- The Galera library in the repositories has been updated to version 25.3.25
- Experimental packages for the RedHat 8 beta have been added in this release. See the package repository tool to configure the repository and for installation instructions.
When upgrading from MariaDB 10.3.8 or earlier to MariaDB 10.3.9 or higher,
mysql_upgrade is required due to changes introduced in
For a complete list of changes made in MariaDB 10.3.12, with links to detailed information on each push, see the changelog.
For a full list of contributors to MariaDB 10.3.12, see the MariaDB Foundation release announcement.
Be notified of new MariaDB Server releases automatically by subscribing to the MariaDB Foundation community announce 'at' mariadb.org announcement list (this is a low traffic, announce-only list). MariaDB Corporation customers will be notified for all new releases, security issues and critical bug fixes for all MariaDB Corporation products thanks to the Notification Services.
MariaDB may already be included in your favorite OS distribution. More information can be found on the Distributions which Include MariaDB page.