MariaDB 10.3.23 Release Notes
Release date: 12 May 2020
MariaDB 10.3 is the previous stable series of MariaDB, and an evolution of MariaDB 10.2 with several entirely new features not found anywhere else and with backported and reimplemented features from MySQL.
For an overview of MariaDB Server 10.3 see the What is MariaDB 10.3? page.
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB!
- Fixed issue that, from MariaDB 10.3.19, disabled all events created by a server with a different
server_id. Note that the fix does not re-enable affected events. (MDEV-21758)
- SHOW PRIVILEGES now correctly lists the
Delete historyprivilege, rather than displaying it as
Delete versioning rows. (MDEV-20382)
- HeidiSQL updated to 11.0 (MDEV-22032)
- Introduce a file format constraint to ALTER TABLE. See innodb_instant_alter_column_allowed (MDEV-20590)
- ALTER TABLE, FORCE all partition to rebuild if any one of the partition does rebuild (MDEV-21832)
- ALTER TABLE, InnoDB aborts while adding instant column for discarded tablespace (MDEV-22446)
- Optimizer, Wrong query results with
- SHOW GRANTS does not quote role names properly (MDEV-20076)
- Paritioning INSERT chooses wrong partition for RANGE partitioning by DECIMAL column (MDEV-21195)
- Mariabackup does not honor ignore_db_dirs from server config (MDEV-19347)
--ftwrl-wait-timeoutnever times out on explicit lock (MDEV-20230)
- FULLTEXT INDEX, Assertion `
!table->fts->in_queue' failed in
- Wrong estimate of affected BLOB columns in update of PRIMARY KEY (MDEV-22384)
- Duplicate key value is silently truncated to 64 characters in
- Session tracking returns incorrectly long tracking data (MDEV-22504)
pam_user_map.sofile to binary tarball package (MDEV-21913)
- Running out of file descriptors and eventual crash (MDEV-18027)
- mysql_upgrade is made aware of the upstream slave tables to issue warnings when that takes place (MDEV-10047)
- Corruption for
SET GLOBAL innodb_string variables (MDEV-22393)
- wsrep performance optimization (MDEV-7962)
- mysqldump parameter,
--ignore-table-data, added (MDEV-22037)
- Server can fail while replicating conditional comments (Bug#28388217)
- Galera wsrep library updated to 25.3.29
- Packages and repositories for Ubuntu 20.04 "focal" added
- As per the MariaDB Deprecation Policy, this will be the last release of MariaDB 10.3 for Debian 8 "Jessie"
- Fixes for the following security vulnerabilities:
Be notified of new MariaDB Server, Galera Cluster and Connector releases automatically by subscribing to the MariaDB Foundation community announce 'at' mariadb.org announcement list (this is a low traffic, announce-only list). MariaDB Corporation customers will be notified for all new releases, security issues and critical bug fixes for all MariaDB Corporation products thanks to the Notification Services.
MariaDB may already be included in your favorite OS distribution. More information can be found on the Distributions which Include MariaDB page.