MariaDB 10.4.19 Release Notes
Release date: 7 May 2021
MariaDB 10.4 is the previous stable series of MariaDB. It is an evolution of MariaDB 10.3 with several entirely new features not found anywhere else and with backported and reimplemented features from MySQL.
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB!
- ST_DISTANCE_SPHERE for calculating the spherical distance between two geometries (point or multipoint) on a sphere (MDEV-13467)
- Crash with invalid multi-table update of view in 2nd execution of SP (MDEV-24823)
- Incorrect name resolution for subqueries in ON expressions (MDEV-25362)
- Complex query in Store procedure corrupts results (MDEV-25182)
DELETE HISTORYmay delete current data on system-versioned table (MDEV-25468)
- Crashes with nested table value constructors (MDEV-22786)
- Server crashes in
- The statement set
password=password('')executed in PS mode fails in case it is run by a user with expired password (MDEV-25197)
- RENAME TABLE causes "Ignoring data file" messages (MDEV-25568)
- Deprecated the
*noneoptions in innodb_checksum_algorithm (MDEV-25106)
- MVCC read from index on CHAR or VARCHAR wrongly omits rows (MDEV-25459)
- Race conditions in persistent statistics (MDEV-10682, MDEV-18802, MDEV-25051)
- Sequence created by one connection remains invisible to another (MDEV-24545)
- innodb_flush_method=O_DIRECT fails on compressed tables (MDEV-25121)
- Replication Heartbeat event was uncapable to cary 4GB+ offsets (MDEV-16146)
- FLUSH LOGS race against Binlog checkpoint event creation (MDEV-24526)￼
- slave_compressed_protocol did not work correctly with semi-sync (MDEV-24773)
- Galera updated to 26.4.8
- SET PASSWORD command fail with wsrep api (MDEV-25258)
- Long BF log wait turns on InnoDB Monitor output without telling, never turns it off (MDEV-25319)
`state_ == s_exec'failed in
- Frequently Crashing Mariadb Cluster 10.4.18 (MDEV-24980)
- Signal 11 on
ALTER TABLEnot replicated with Galera in MariaDB 10.5.9 (MDEV-24956)
- "Flush SSL" command doesn't reload wsrep cert (MDEV-22668)
- Avoid unnecessary rollbacks with SR (MDEV-25553)
Packaging & Misc
- As per the MariaDB Deprecation Policy, this will be the last release of MariaDB 10.4 for Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial
MongoDB protocol support files for the CONNECT engine are missing in this release.
If you want to use CONNECT engine with MongoDB, you need to download
Mongo2.jar or Mongo3.jar and put a path to this file into the
connect_class_path in the
Be notified of new MariaDB Server releases automatically by subscribing to the MariaDB Foundation community announce 'at' mariadb.org announcement list (this is a low traffic, announce-only list). MariaDB Corporation customers will be notified for all new releases, security issues and critical bug fixes for all MariaDB Corporation products thanks to the Notification Services.
MariaDB may already be included in your favorite OS distribution. More information can be found on the Distributions which Include MariaDB page.